Page 296 of 314 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4709
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pareltje's Avatar

I'm soo glad this thread still continues. I love coming back here although I don't always leave a comment or two.
    Follow me on Instagram @margaritas108

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

BN, those screamers make me gasp every time I see them! And they're perfectly styled with your beautiful little h earrings. As for etiquette, I think you've proven there is no right or wrong way to wear pearl jewelery. You are equally beautiful wearing pearls with organic shapes as well as perfectly round tradititonal pearls styled with casual wear or more formal attire. It's your indiviudal style and nothing else matters.

I also agree with BW, as much as I'd love to own a triple, if the spacing between the strands is off or if pearls don't nest perfectly, my OCD would kick in and I'd never want to wear that strand. With a double I'd never have that concern.

JP, love the concept of re-purposing older pieces. I've been doing that too. It's so much fun to give them new life!

Looking forward to seeing all the sister pearls next month!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

The screamers that got away...they are favorites!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    RE: Jewelry etiquette

I recently watched a documentary on Iris Apfel, the 90 year old style icon. She's the lady with the big, round, black glasses. At the beginning of the documentary I thought she'd completely overdone it with her layers of jewelry. By the end of the documentary I was a total fan of her style.
    Iris Apfel definitely breaks any and all rules and makes it work for her. And that should be the definition of elegance, beauty, style or whatever. Make it work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    LOL Sarah is making me one too I sent her the white metallic strand I got from a ruckus many years ago. Haven't worn it but maybe 3 times so now that it's going to be beautified I'm sure it will get worn more regularly. We should take a picture with us all in our sister pearls.
    I was going to ask Sarah, too, lol! But I think I would like to do the waterfall style with pearls that aren't white. I have too many white pearls in my collection and I find that I am not wearing them as much as my other pearls these days. Can't wait to see that picture of all of you wearing your sister pearls!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2thdktr View Post
    I was going to ask Sarah, too, lol! But I think I would like to do the waterfall style with pearls that aren't white. I have too many white pearls in my collection and I find that I am not wearing them as much as my other pearls these days. Can't wait to see that picture of all of you wearing your sister pearls!
    BWeaves strand she calls "everything and a bagel" is a perfect example of Sarah's use of multiple types of pearls in a waterfall type design. Sarah probably could do it in Tahitians if you want she's that creative.

What a lovely combination, and that dress is gorgeous

I always enjoy seeing your Pearl collection. The dangles from little h are spectacular, so unusual, so designer! As for your double strand of metallics, what's not to love, a classic forever!

Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    BWeaves strand she calls "everything and a bagel" is a perfect example of Sarah's use of multiple types of pearls in a waterfall type design. Sarah probably could do it in Tahitians if you want she's that creative.
    Thanks newberry

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baby nurse View Post
    Thank you, Simply adorned, 86Corvettegirl, pammbw, Parrot Lady, amti, CathyKeshi, Kay , Katbran, BWeaves, Luvglitz, Charlotta, Bonsava, SunSeeker and BAS!

Day 350:

This red, white and blue post was meant for yesterday. I hope all the US folks had a happy 4th!

Double strand of freshwater metallics (Sheri’s screamers) and little h dangles (soufflé pearls lined w tiny seed pearls).

Attachment 60784

Attachment 60785

Attachment 60786

Attachment 60787

Attachment 60788

Attachment 60789

Attachment 60790
    Ah the Screamers!!! They are looking as beautiful as the day Sheri selected them! I love the pairing with pearl-pearl geodes!

Jeremy Shepherd
    President and Founder
    PearlParadise.com, Inc.
    The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
    PearlParadise.com on Flickr
    PearlParadise.com on Facebook
    Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I actually thought my Everything Bagel was a Waterfall necklace when I first grabbed it off Sarah's neck and yelled, "Dibs!" at the last Ruckus. I really want an all white version, like the Waterfall necklace, but I would grab a Tahitian version, too. I really love the mix of large and small roundish pearls in a long rope. Sarah has a couple of multicolored Waterfall-ish ropes on the Kojima website right now. I hesitate to mention them because I was hoping I could see them in person at Ruckus.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 07-07-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    The screamers that got away...they are favorites!
    I know, right?! I'm still kicking myself!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

Name:  36A08DFD-B3EA-4E00-B0D7-1FAF9B79F085.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  8EEBA32C-FF3D-49E3-A69A-2EA8462AF676.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  73.0 KB

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

OOOOOOO, baby bear!!!!!!!!! I love those screamers now, but those earrings are to die for.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsava View Post
    I have a minor habit of seeking out and reading the 'self-help books of elegance' - curious to see how people try to define in solid terms a rather abstract, to my way of thinking, concept. One of them made a point of saying that triple strands are okay in certain cases, but that double strands are simply not elegant.

The author had clearly never seen a necklace at all like that one. I feel sorry for her now.
    I guess it depends on the individual: first, wear what you enjoy most and second, try to be mindful of what actually suits you. On myself, I prefer doubles. I really like a triple with smaller sized pearls. And I too can’t stand when the strands of a triple don’t nest!