Page 295 of 311 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4654

Gorgeous combination; the coral necklaces make the goldens more summery/casual and the golden drop on the coral strand ties it all together! Inspirational and lovely.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

fantastic layering! The corals and goldens are perfectly suited for your dress. Well done!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

I really love that waterfall necklace. I don't have me one of those. Hmmm....

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert baby nurse's Avatar

Thank you, Simply adorned, 86Corvettegirl, pammbw, Parrot Lady, amti, CathyKeshi, Kay , Katbran, BWeaves, Luvglitz, Charlotta, Bonsava, SunSeeker and BAS!

Day 350:

This red, white and blue post was meant for yesterday. I hope all the US folks had a happy 4th!

Double strand of freshwater metallics (Sheri’s screamers) and little h dangles (soufflé pearls lined w tiny seed pearls).

Name:  55CF6305-73B6-494D-B2F7-178BAAAD6B1C.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  098F3D04-6C1D-474E-BAE3-7F1FFE23DE16.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  BCBC21C3-B967-4FC1-9C1A-4427ABCA6707.jpg
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  6CE8F154-96E7-4DAB-99AC-F9BAC07F934A.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  108.6 KB

Name:  8E77BE07-86DF-4771-BC51-77B2239EC349.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  40BD14F3-8931-43CA-A483-ABCBAA227483.jpg
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  A343740E-8778-422A-8D70-7DCC5F37795A.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  78.4 KB

First-graft Pearl Senior Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Oh, my.... I love these. I wish I had some screamers!! Those are TDF!! And those earrings are gorgeous!!! My, my....can I play in your pearl box???

First-graft Pearl Simply adorned's Avatar

Fabulous! Screamers and Little h earrings are perfect together. Love your top too

I have a minor habit of seeking out and reading the 'self-help books of elegance' - curious to see how people try to define in solid terms a rather abstract, to my way of thinking, concept. One of them made a point of saying that triple strands are okay in certain cases, but that double strands are simply not elegant.

The author had clearly never seen a necklace at all like that one. I feel sorry for her now.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsava View Post
    I have a minor habit of seeking out and reading the 'self-help books of elegance' - curious to see how people try to define in solid terms a rather abstract, to my way of thinking, concept. One of them made a point of saying that triple strands are okay in certain cases, but that double strands are simply not elegant.

The author had clearly never seen a necklace at all like that one. I feel sorry for her now.
    Holy carp. How could she? Wha?

I confess to having a weakness for a really good triple, but if the spacing is off between the 3 strands, or the pearls don't line up right, it drives me nuts. That problem never occurs with 2 strands.

----

BAS & BN: Sarah and I finally reconnected about making me a Waterfall rope. I hope to get it at Ruckus.

Quote Originally Posted by baby nurse View Post
    Day 349:

Golden South Sea necklace from Eiko pearl, akoya Keshi strand from Kojima Pearl, golden South Sea pendant from Kojima Pearl, carved coral necklace from eBay, 3 tiny coral bead necklaces bought preloved from a Pricescope member.
    And hereby I award you with your master's degree in layering! - JK
    But seriously, reading through this whole thread over the last few day & seeing you gradually gain more confidence in layering your necklaces this last one feels like your master's thesis & I have learned so much thanks to your hard work, thank you!

A few other observations...
    ... my favorite type of pearl on you is tahitian because it makes your skintone sing
    ... i admire how effortlessly you switch between very classic and the more organic, wild styles
    ... had to scroll over the NY jewelry show bit very fast because everything was just too yummy
    ... never knew chickens could be this much fun! i have lost a few too many pets recently due to old age and illness but I think someday in the faraway future there could be a flock of these amazing animals waiting for me
    ... i need to get myself a necklace with tiny iolite beads asap
    ... loved all the little anecdotes&tidbits... and i really enjoyed reading everyones experience getting their ears pierced for the first time, made me feel better about the labyrinth in my ear... and now I know I can get them redone-DUH!
    ... and speaking about ear piercings: around page 100 I was thinking to myself how wonderful a small earstud in the second earhole - like a small bead coordinated with your top - would look so I was delighted when ~ fifty pages later you announced that you wear planning to use that earhole again after more than a decade! what are your plans for the future? pearls?

And while we are speculating around how continuations of this thread could look, how about "52 weeks - 52 parures" (wearing a coordinated set for a whole week, styling it different each day). Whatever you decide for the future, I hope you will continue updating us on your adventures!
    It's when water takes shape, that fish begin to swim in landscapes of their own choosing.”
    ― Anthony T. Hincks

BWeaves, I know! Plus everyone has a different neck, different clothes and styles...Baby Nurse, of course, can pull off any and everything with pearls, but how one wears one's pearls, and what sort of pearls one wears, is a rather individual thing.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post

----

BAS & BN: Sarah and I finally reconnected about making me a Waterfall rope. I hope to get it at Ruckus.
    LOL Sarah is making me one too I sent her the white metallic strand I got from a ruckus many years ago. Haven't worn it but maybe 3 times so now that it's going to be beautified I'm sure it will get worn more regularly. We should take a picture with us all in our sister pearls.

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

More new goodies to see! Yay!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I love seeing restyled pearls (a significant part of my custom work these days)...it's so much fun to breath new life into an underworn strand. I simply adore Sarah's work...so for those of us who are unable to attend the Ruckus, please do post photos of the Waterfalls!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Those earrings from Hisano are my very favourites ! I love the teeny pearls inside the pearl. Gorgeous !

As for the etiquette book ... as far as I'm concerned there is no right or wrong when it comes to jewellery. Wear what you want when you want and do it with confidence. If you love it... that's all that matters.

I agree with the restyling , like JP I rework things for people all the time. Often it's ropes... seems like it's the heavier ropes that are often the culprit. But with that many pearls its easy to rework into one or two necklaces..a tin cup and a knotted.. or a necklace and bracelet. Anything that you don't wear.. no matter what it is.. just try a different design. You can always go back to the original.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

RE: Jewelry etiquette

I recently watched a documentary on Iris Apfel, the 90 year old style icon. She's the lady with the big, round, black glasses. At the beginning of the documentary I thought she'd completely overdone it with her layers of jewelry. By the end of the documentary I was a total fan of her style.