Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Fiji Pearls

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lmgarden View Post
    Well, it’s been a long while since I’ve had a chance to post. I see lots of new names and gorgeous pearls!!

I finally picked up my loose Fiji pearls from PP a couple months ago, and added a necklace to intermix with my other pieces. I’ve found a few connectors and carabiners, some old some new, some inexpensive, and a few sterling & 14k pieces.

I chose these pearls for color rather than shape or size. Some don’t have perfect skins, and some have less luster than others, but that said, they make a statement. I added a few 14k pyramid beads at the center of the new necklace, and a couple at the end of my original bracelet. It adds a bit of length, but mostly they add subjects sparkle. The pearl color varies greatly in different light. I love J Hunter Fiji pearls, and I’m very grateful to Jeremy & Hisano and all the PP staff for their help and patience in dealing with my crazy schedule!

Here are a few images of 2 bracelets with the new necklace for a double strand look. When worn as a single strand, depending on which connectors and amount chosen, it varies in length from 22” - 30”. The other images show various ways of connection.
    How beautiful!! I love the colors, especially the greens & teals! You did a marvelous job in combining different styles of necklaces. Love the clasps & connectors. These are beautiful & versatile necklaces! I'm so jelly over those Fiji pearls!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Thank you, Katbran!
    I found an assortment of connectors on a couple Etsy shops. I think itís okay to posts their shops:
    Rock climbing jewelry
    Lovelybeadllc
    Marlaaaron.com - not on Etsy, she offers many choices in semi and precious stones

This may be a bit off topic, but I got the idea of using carabiners and connectors from her site. I made a few strands specifically to fasten with connectors, by using closed rings at both ends of a strand. I like connectors with ropes, as they can double or triple with with the connector facing the front, or not. Pendants hang well, and many at a time. They work well with orbit clasps, or any clasp that will fit.

Here are a few non Fiji pearl examples!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Great ideas!!!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Beautiful new addition to your amazing collection, LMG!

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Fabulous lmgarden! So happy to see you posting. You have so many fun pieces and arrangements!

Thank you, 86Corvettegirl! I figure if I throw a bunch of pearls and necklaces together, sometimes itís gonna work!😁

Thank you, Marianne! Sorry I missed seeing you and the Ruckus gang at Pearls by the Bay. I was all set to go, but had to cancel the day before. ☹️

Thank you, Jeg! True, I havenít posted in a long while. Iím trying to catch up with all the new names and fabulous pearl posts!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

These are wonderful and thanks for the shops !

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Must have carabiner locks!!! Love your Fijis and all the beautiful arrangements. I saw your badge at Pearls by the Bay and was disappointed that you couldn’t make it.

Thanks for posting and please, more pictures of your beautiful pearls. They are so enjoyed.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Oh cool. What a wonderful way to interchange pendants.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

The carabiners are a wonderful look, and so practical!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

Why, oh, WHY, did I open this thread?!!! Just when I was happy with the pearls I have, and thinking that I ďneedĒ no others. Along comes this thread. And now I am pining for Fiji pearls. I always thought they were muted in colour, so I never really looked into them. And now... now, I am intrigued. Drats!

Such gorgeous pieces, such stunning loose pearls from previous harvests. Heavenly pearls! I too, would find a way to wear the wreath.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

The quick links make such a statement with your necklaces. I use them in stainless steel to hang my parrots’ toys in their cages. Too bad I don’t have the gold one to use with my pearls!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Awesome and amazing, lmgarden!! Oh, the Fiji's!! Love the carabiners also! I'd seen Marla Aaron's website and admired her work, never thought to apply it with pearls, though! Missed you at Pearls by the Bay.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Thank you, Red, BWeaves, Pearl Dreams, CricketBug, Parrot Lady and Pattye!
    Red and Pattye, I was so bummed that I couldnít attend Pearls by the Bay ☹️. I missed seeing my pals! I know so much effort was made for all to have a memorable time!

I havenít had many chances to wear my Fijiís, but the other day I did wear them with a small Tahitian keshi strand (with a heart shaped Fiji keshi), and a golden akoya strand - all from PP. I always forget to take pics while wearing them.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

I love the heart on heart!!!