Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Third-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Before I found pearls I had a thing for marcasite jewelry. Garnet and marcasite earrings, marcasite earrings and a bracelet with marcasite and mother-of-pearl.
    _20190217_140648.jpg
    2 brooches, one an E with marcasites. The other one with colored gemstones and marcasites.
    _20190217_140707.jpg
    Then a lot of rings with colored gemstones. I had a thing for rainbow jewelry. I still love rainbow colors.
    _20190217_140553.jpg
    Then a pendant that belonged to my grandmother or maybe her mother. It's silver and a piece of glass. The silver is quit pretty and well made. I have no idea why they put a piece of glass in it. It's really pretty.
    _20190217_140623.jpg
    My cameos, homage to Anne Rices Blackwood farm, one with medusa, one with the 3 graces.
    _20190217_140529.jpg
    I also had a thing for citrines, to match my citrine clasps.
    _20190217_140506.jpg
    I had a lot of other marcasite jewelry, but I gave a lot away after I discovered pearls. I have always wanted a pearl strand, but good ones are really expensive in sweden and then one day it occured to me that I could buy a better one for less money that also had really cool clasps on...

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Charlotta- beautiful gems...especially like the garnet earrings and your cameos. Especially medusa!

Thank you 2thdktr

I love colored gems, mostly spinels, sapphires, and chrysoberyls. I couldn't pick a favorite and I think I have about 30 rings. I also love old cut diamonds and antique or vintage settings. But pearls are different. I am so glad I discovered them. They have a different energy or feeling to me. I am absolutely in love with pearls.

002.jpg

007.jpg

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Lovely gems ... my favorite is that stunning diamond/blue sapphire square halo ring ... gorgeous!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

You are girls after my own heart. I love colored stones...and diamonds...and marcasite...and pearls. I just love jewelry.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I love the cameos. My mother loved Wedgwood and cameos when we lived in England in the 1960s. They weren't "in" in the mod 60's, so Mom was able to buy a lot inexpensively. I grew to love them, too.

Beautiful rings Gemandpearllover.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

I wanted to show off my tourmaline butterfly:
    bon_butterfly2.jpg
    I got the pair of tourmalines, and got a jeweler in the area to make the pin/pendant. The filigree is in 14k gold, which is not easy, and the green stones are green diamonds, which I never knew existed.

I love my Ruby (Which is also my birthstone lucky me ). I also love my blue Montana sapphire (I panned myself and had cut and set) and yellow sapphire, and have and still and always will be obsessed with opals . One of dreams is to have a great Australian black opal Here are some pictures of my rings.

5mm Burmese heat only ruby in yellow gold
    rub (1).jpg

Caramel colored and White Eithiopian ring. Caramel is set in gold ring, but I can't get a good pic in it.
    il_570xN.973413630_9ec8 (1).jpg
    amy.jpg

My unheated yellow sapphire, and my heated only blue Montana sapphire (I panned myself )
    yelring15_0.jpg
    sap.jpg

EmilyWan

My favorite one is a ring with amethyst. It was a gift from my mother on a birthday. I treasure this jewel)12.jpg

Very pretty, EmilyWan. Gifts from our mothers are always extra special treasures. I have several favorite gemstone rings - a wide band I had made from my engagement and wedding rings with some added tsavorite garnets when I divorced my ex, a sapphire and diamond 3-stone ring I had made about ten years ago are favorites. An emerald ring my grandmother gave my mother on her 16th birthday in 1933 and which my mother passed to me on my 18th birthday is at the jewelers now being remade after sitting in my jewelry box, unworn, for 50 years. The shank was worn so thin that I was afraid it would break, and some prongs were broken. Iím having it remade to be exactly the same as when it was new.

DEB9C667-FDF1-40F3-BB57-DB640B7C797C.jpg