Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    There are so many "Edison" floating round now, its heard to keep track of the threads, but honestly it is interesting seeing I guess I would call it color evolution. The PP Burgundy Edisons for example. At first I thought they were just going to be deep Mauve or Extreme Lavender with some brown thrown it, but it seems the color stands on its own.

From the Winter 2018 Sale:
    14-15mm Edison Drop

Attachment 64015
    That is what one stunning pearl! Gorgeous!!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

That's a beautiful colour !!! I do love the purple pearls !!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Well of course it depends on the light etc, but for some reason the color seemed familiar then I remembered why and that is when I placed it next to our table linen.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

somehow I lost track of this thread. I was asking back then, but bought a few pearls. I am sad because they are now selling vac-pac Oysters seeded with CFWP.
    What does this mean? "vac-pac oysters seeded with CFWP"? Guessing they're vacuum-packed oysters seeded with Chinese freshwater pearls, but what does the vacuum packed part mean? I confess my imagination is running wild and that this can't be a good thing for the oysters...

ETA: Apologies for the thread-jack.

I'd rather not relive/revist that whole chapter again, but some sellers online are offering wholesale/bulk baby oyster shells sealed in vacuum packed bags seeded with horrid freshwater pearls and who knows what type of toxic preservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by CricketBug View Post
    What does this mean? "vac-pac oysters seeded with CFWP"? Guessing they're vacuum-packed oysters seeded with Chinese freshwater pearls, but what does the vacuum packed part mean? I confess my imagination is running wild and that this can't be a good thing for the oysters...

ETA: Apologies for the thread-jack.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

I'd rather not relive/revist that whole chapter again, but some sellers online are offering wholesale/bulk baby oyster shells sealed in vacuum packed bags seeded with horrid freshwater pearls and who knows what type of toxic preservatives.
    Ah. First I've head of this. Sounds rather repulsive on a variety of levels. 'Nuff said. We can move on!

I'm still curious if anyone here purchased that "Blue" Edison from PP private launch. I was thinking it would look great with melee Alexandrite surrounding it, or perhaps a certain shade of tourmaline. I guess I will never see non vendor beauty shots...sigh.