Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1134

Thread: The JADE thread

First-graft Pearl

Mtummybear, your jade is a beautiful color. How smart to make the extra links into earrings!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Parrot Lady i love how you restrung your necklace. Looks beautiful!

Parrot Lady and Mtummybear, those are beautiful pieces! I love the look you put together by restringing, Parrot Lady!

I'm sort of having fits over my bracelet. Can't find a clasp I like that is also secure and comfortable and thinking now I do prefer just the jade beads (love the lava beads but they are HARD to clean. Had a bit of an experience trying to get flour out of the little crevices....I know, should have taken it off before baking....) Thought of trying a silver clasp as more options but not certain about the look, tempted to just stick with elastic. I really like the uninterrupted flow of the beads, and I don't have much concern over it breaking. Do any of you have "good" pieces that you have on elastic? I've seen a lot for sale but just not certain if it seems too "unfinished" I want to make a matching necklace when I can get the other beads so if I go with a clasp I want it to work for a necklace as well.

First-graft Pearl

MoonSprinkles, stone/semi-precious bead bracelets on elastic were reallly big here a few years back and my daughter must have had at least half a dozen. I bought a bunch of them and, while they were easy to put on and take off and I never worried about the elastic breaking, I never found them comfortable. I've got fairly large bones and didn't like the feeling of something fitting so snugly, so I gave them all to my small-boned daughter. I think most of them had a small silver charm along wih the beads. You can always re-string on elastic and enjoy it until you find beads for a necklace and a clasp you like. I like the look of uninterrupted beads, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot Lady View Post
    MoonSprinkles, stone/semi-precious bead bracelets on elastic were reallly big here a few years back and my daughter must have had at least half a dozen. I bought a bunch of them and, while they were easy to put on and take off and I never worried about the elastic breaking, I never found them comfortable. I've got fairly large bones and didn't like the feeling of something fitting so snugly, so I gave them all to my small-boned daughter. I think most of them had a small silver charm along wih the beads. You can always re-string on elastic and enjoy it until you find beads for a necklace and a clasp you like. I like the look of uninterrupted beads, too.
    Thank you for this! Yes, that is true I guess they were big here too I had forgotten that trend! I have trouble with bracelet clasps due to sensory issues and I also have very small wrists so by the time I do a clasp and the gimp wire to attach it to the beads that's most of the underside of my wrist gone. I might do elastic for now and see if I ever come across a clasp that strikes my fancy.

I love elastic bracelets. I made one last year with pearls from Jac and although i love the pearl bracelet from Kojima more, that elastic bracelet is the one i reach out more often due to the ease of putting it on.

I have a question for those who know more about jade. There is a bangle I really wanted but is just out of my price range right now, but this one is second choice, however, I am concerned about the line that runs across the width of the bangle. It says none of the lines will affect the durability, but due to the placement of this one I worry if it got knocked that would be a weak point. But I don't know enough about it to say. I'm not 100% sold on this one in any case and I don't want to get one just to be getting one. I go back and forth as to whether I really want a bangle or should just save up for beads for a necklace, another thing I have been wanting. But I kind of regret not getting the one bangle I liked when I had the chance. il_fullxfull.1179158652_n8hl.jpg

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

I would ask Nandar...she is very honest in her evaluation. Personally, if you're not 100% sold, I'd pass. There is always another piece of jade to be purchased that might strike your fancy even more. But do ask Nandar, and she has much more available than what is listed on her site.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    I would ask Nandar...she is very honest in her evaluation. Personally, if you're not 100% sold, I'd pass. There is always another piece of jade to be purchased that might strike your fancy even more. But do ask Nandar, and she has much more available than what is listed on her site.
    I have been in contact with her previously, she is very helpful. Her description says natural stone lines which cannot be felt with fingernail, does not affect durability, so I feel like asking her more sort of implies I don't trust her description.
    I know I can be really obsessive about minor things which is why I sometimes need another opinion or set of eyes. I get obsessed about unimportant flaws/things if that makes sense. But I know part of the beauty of jade is its natural lines and patterns so I am trying to chill lol. It is not expensive so I do feel like it might be a good first bangle.

Mtummybear, those earrings are lovely. Maybe we should have a general gem-tread, with all kinds of nonpearl jewelry.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

If you prefer not to start another completely new thread, there are topics in this Other Stuff! section for coral, jade, of course, jaspers, amethyst, black spinel and another called "favorite gemstone jewelry other than pearls." There may be others also, I only went back a few pages. Just a thought ~
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

First-graft Pearl

MoonSprinkles, it's a lovely bracelet and I'd guess the line is just an inclusion in the stone, much like an inclusion in a diamond, and not a crack. If you're not sold on that particular piece of jade, don't buy it just to have a jade bracelet. When we do that, the piece is more likely to end up in the jewelry box not often worn.

I comfess that everyone's photos of their beautiful jade bangles got me looking and favoriting on etsy but I came to my senses. I have various bangle bracelets I don't wear and when I tried one on I remembered why -- my wrist is relatively small compared to my hand. It takes a 61mm bangle to go over my hand and then it's huge on my wrist and really gets in the way. I'll stick to articulated bracelets and just ooh and ahh over everyone else's beautiful jade bangles.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot Lady View Post
    MoonSprinkles, it's a lovely bracelet and I'd guess the line is just an inclusion in the stone, much like an inclusion in a diamond, and not a crack. If you're not sold on that particular piece of jade, don't buy it just to have a jade bracelet. When we do that, the piece is more likely to end up in the jewelry box not often worn.

I comfess that everyone's photos of their beautiful jade bangles got me looking and favoriting on etsy but I came to my senses. I have various bangle bracelets I don't wear and when I tried one on I remembered why -- my wrist is relatively small compared to my hand. It takes a 61mm bangle to go over my hand and then it's huge on my wrist and really gets in the way. I'll stick to articulated bracelets and just ooh and ahh over everyone else's beautiful jade bangles.
    I do really like this bracelet. I am sort of looking for a "starter" bangle as I never had one before, and I can be very fussy with jewelry so I think getting a cheaper one first to test out while I save up for a different one might be a good idea. I want one to wear 24/7 so I am not looking to collect a bunch of them, just one for now and maybe saving up for a nicer one later if I end up liking it. This one is also $200 cheaper than the other one I really prefer so it puts it very much more in the actual possibility realm for me right now.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

If this one is cheaper but you prefer one that is $200 more, why not save for the one you really want? Nandar does hold pieces, btw.
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPearl View Post
    If this one is cheaper but you prefer one that is $200 more, why not save for the one you really want? Nandar does hold pieces, btw.
    That is a thought....I wonder how long she holds them for? It can be awhile for me honestly. I will have to inquire about that with her.