Pretty sure these are freshwater, but....

Stellar Gem

Hi everyone

Client came to me yesterday for an appraisal on these and my initial impression was freshwater. Tough to peer into the drill hole, but I don't think I saw a bead. But...the size in the largest pearl in the strand was 16.01 mm (smallest is 12.05). Could they possibly be South Sea whites (they are whiter than this photo indicates...). The clasp is silver and the knots are too small for the strand, IMHO, which to me is another indication of lesser care, lesser quality.

thanks all for any help you can provide. Pearls 1.jpg

I am no expert, however, I suspect they are lesser quality South Sea pearls, based on the shape of the surface pitting, pearl size and shape.

Hopefully, the experts will come along soon to offer their opinions.

DK :)

I am no expert, however, I suspect they are lesser quality South Sea pearls, based on the shape of the surface pitting, pearl size and shape.

Hopefully, the experts will come along soon to offer their opinions.

DK :)

Thanks dkan...I appreciate you having taken the time to answer.

Thank you pattye...the value of a great forum is immeasurable and I am learning lots from folks like you who take the time to post a response. I was floundering a bit...

Thank you Jeremy for your time and expertise. I would be lost without such expert guidance...

Hi Stellar Gem,
It looks like what I got too. Mine was 13-15mm though smaller than yours but with blisters like in your picture. I'm hoping it would be a lesser quality SSP too hahahah. Thanks for posting!

Back