Pearl strand

Estelle1016

Hi...I just joined this group and would like to see if you can give me some feedback on a pearl strand I just purchased. I loved the clasp with the safety chain and thought these pearls were so pretty. I already did the "tooth test" and they are gritty. As you can see, they are single knotted and they graduate from 5mm to the center being 8.21 mm. All of the pearls are different sizes. The one just off the clasp measures 4.88 mm, the next one is 4.84 mm, 4.81 then 5.10 mm and so one.

The strand is 22 inches long and the clasp has a hallmark of 835 jka. Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Estelle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 4ea7e4b4 b8f3 481e 9a28 a286e7afa35d zps03ecc032
    4ea7e4b4 b8f3 481e 9a28 a286e7afa35d zps03ecc032
    5.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 34
Welcome, Estelle,

Your necklace definitely has some age to it. I did find some info on the web about the 835 being a European mark for silver, and of course the safety chain is a vintage style. It's very difficult to see the quality of your pearls against the dark background, so if you could, please take a couple of photos on a white paper towel. With that type of graduation, the pearls are most likely cultured akoya.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Thanks for your reply. Pattye, I took a few pictures and I am attaching them. Hope this helps! Thanks for taking the time to provide me with some guidance on this strand. I think it's beautiful.

Sincerely,
Estelle

I've always been partial to vintage graduated akoyas, your strand looks lovely.
Wear and enjoy!

Back