Temptation and now am worried whether I got fooled due to this; please help

Dimple01

I picked up supposedly two pairs of tahitian for a price of 160 US dollars and rest 5 chokers - a white, a red, a pinkish, a keisha, a rice (small) pearls and a pair of bracelets for another 160 US dollars. Got really tempted seeing all those pieces and splurged, since I am no genius at pearls worried whether I have been cheated. Picked them at the no frills pearls market in Greenhills Shopping Center. This more fun in the Philippines is really not for impulsive shoppers like me I guess...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Additional pictures

Additional pictures

Some more pics; this uplaod always runs into issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 32
Not sure about the tahitians - the colour looks right but can be hard to tell (and have they got big backs?) but you sure got a lot of other pearls for your bucks - look, you maybe spent hours selecting these necklaces and bracelets, and what great souvenirs. Don't think so much in terms of $$, think of wonderful reminders (and I think you got some great necklaces which would probably have cost a lot more at home)

Dimples, I'm sorry that you feel were cheated, because, I assume, you were pressured into buying so many pearls.

However, I agree with Wendy. The earrings do look like Tahitians to me, even if they are not set on sterling silver findings. The freshwater pearls also do not have silver findings.

Nevertheless for $160, you got a good deal. Those Tahitian earrings alone should have cost you about $200 in Greenhills. If you bought them this afternoon, on the weekend of Muslim holiday of Idul Fitri (that's like Christmas or Easter for the Christians), you may have been quoted a lower price because (1) they wanted to close shop early, and (2) if they got a sale on this religious holiday, that bodes well for the rest of the year.

Next time you are in Manila, please do look me up; I can accompany you to Greenhills. I can't guarantee the lowest prices for you, but I will make sure you get a fair deal.

BTW, barring a conflict in schedule that can't be resolved, my offer goes for anyone else in PG who travels to my part of the world.

Last edited:
Congratulations Dimple01; I think you got a lot of fun, pretty pearls and did great!

Cyndaco, what a nice offer :)

Yes, lots of pretty, wearable cultured pearls, to show for your shopping spree! I hope you will receive lots of compliments!

Cyndayco, I'd love to come shopping with you! We could have a micro-mini Ruckus! (I don't think it will happen any time soon for me, but perhaps for someone else!)

I don't know how you guys resist the temptation to buy; I had to literally run before I liked something else too..

Company would surely be fun; most of the people I know don't fancy buying these but I simply had to have... Those collections seem to call Buy Me Buy Me ��

Not sure about the tahitians - the colour looks right but can be hard to tell (and have they got big backs?) but you sure got a lot of other pearls for your bucks - look, you maybe spent hours selecting these necklaces and bracelets, and what great souvenirs. Don't think so much in terms of $$, think of wonderful reminders (and I think you got some great necklaces which would probably have cost a lot more at home)
It indeed was lovely to have these

Back