Silver blue baroque pearls

jadapenn

I bought these pearls about 16 years ago and am not certain if they're Akoya. They have lovely rainbow lustre and look almost luminous. If they are Akoya does anyone know what they're valued at approximately. Because they're baroque they measure about 8 - 10mm. 40pearls in the necklace. I have just restrung them and they have a 9ct ball clasp. Akoya a1.jpgAkoya a1.jpg

I think you're correct, they look like natural color baroque Akoya pearls.

Agreed. They are definitely baroque akoya.

Baroque akoya can be tricky. Fine quality can be quite valuable and costly, but most baroque akoya I see is garbage. The nacre is not laid down in concentric patterns typically, so you will have areas of thick nacre and areas of nearly a bead. With the added edges from the shape, the nacre is likely to peel.

That said, from what I can see in the photo, the strand appears to have a fine, thick nacre. A better photo of just the strand laid out without the freshwater strand underneath would tell more.

They have those recognizable and gorgeous silvery-blue overtones in this above picture. Are these blue Akoyas typically from Vietnam or also Japan?

Hi Guys, thank you so much. We have a stormy day here in Johannesburg so I can only post two photos taken before. I am not certain if they're from Vietnam or Japan. Bought them from a well known pearl boutique in Johannesburg.Akoya g.jpgAkoya h.jpg

Back