No announcement yet.

Necklace and earring set with gold and diamond accents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I combine the two methods, buy pearls for myself for every occasion then thank my husband for them.

Comment

I also buy my own pearls, and hubby admires them. Works for us!

Comment

You ladies are funny! My dh has done a pretty good job of picking out pearls for me (along with other jewelry items). My mother trained him well, as she would tag along on his buying trips (which mostly meant she would pick out items for him to choose from). He must have learned a few things during those trips (mom passed a few years ago) because he's done exceptionally well at selecting unique jewelry and pearls for me. eta: he's still a work in progress, after 23 years of marriage...but then aren't they all?
        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Urchin View Post
          Well, I combine the two methods, buy pearls for myself for every occasion then thank my husband for them.
          Well, yes. Also, for Christmas I selected a necklace by a local designer and paid half down and came home and told dh what I wanted for Christmas. It was there on Christmas morning.

Comment

Smart woman Red! Early on in our marriage I used to try hinting ... ooooo isn't that lovely.... ooooo I REALLY like that..... a few weeks before xmas ....but then the day rolls around and I get something that is nice, it's reasonably expensive, and I have no interest in it what so ever. After a few years (I am a slow learner) I learned that hinting to men just doesn't work .. sorry men for the sweeping sexist generalization.. but in MY experience it doesn't work. So I learned not to say " oh look..(as we drive along) .. there is an art show on in the town square....(as we drive past) and John -bless his literal little heart- would say ' oh..yes ..there is ..'

Now I say ... ;I saw something at xxxxxx and it's the third thing from the left in the front window..I've sent you a photo ....' AND ... "Oh look John, there's an Art Show on in the town square...stop the car and let me out, I'm going in, come if you like if not I'll see you in two hours.

If you don't ask..you don't get..
            https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
            https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

I have to say to the credit of my husband that hinting does work for me. Josh (Kamoka Pearls) can testify to that

- Karin

Comment

Originally posted by Katbran View Post
                ... So I learned not to say " oh look..(as we drive along) .. there is an art show on in the town square....(as we drive past) and John -bless his literal little heart- would say ' oh..yes ..there is ..' ...
                We did this soooooo many times!
                Now he overcompensates -- is always offering to stop-- and I'm the one who sometimes has to say, "No, that's okay, let's keep going."

Comment

They can't read our minds. I've said this to many a young woman after she says, why doesn't he do thus or such? Hopefully, I can save them years of frustration. Be kind, and say what you want. They appreciate it so.

Comment

Working...
                  X