Pearl Appraisal

montresor40

I've had these pearls for years but put them in a trunk and forgot about them. Now I'm curious to see what type of pearls they are and if they have any value. I believe I received these as a kid while I was vacationing in Florida. They had those tourist places where they would send divers down to retrieve an oyster and whatever they came up with they would give you. The pearls are in individual baggies with measurements hand written on them. I've attached a few pictures for reference. Can anyone appraise these for me?

Sizes are as follow by picture:

6.75 mm
pearl_6.75.jpg

7 mm
pearl_7.00.jpg

7.5 mm
pearl_7.50.jpg

8.25 mm
pearl_8.25.jpg

Any info is much appreciated - thank you!!

Hi, welcome and thanks for taking the time to photograph your pearls and post them here. Their value is sentimental, not monetary unfortunately. I hope one of the other members will chime in here and post a link pointing you to other threads that explain your pearls' story faster than I can. We had a post about this recently...

OK, go back a few posts, to New to pearls, what do I have, Posted on 6/21/2013 by newpearler2.

Here is the link to the thread Lisa referenced, which has the answer to your question:
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7844

Your pearls are older so they are probably akoyas rather than freshwaters, but the same information applies to how they got into the oyster to begin with.
Their value is chiefly sentimental. You could have any of them drilled and set if you would like to wear them in a pendant or ring, though.

Back