pearls my mother gave me...how much are they worth?

dredre54

My mother gave me these pearls she received from her 30th anniversary from her company (IPL - Indianapolis Power & Light). They are about 20+ yrs old. I am curious how much they are worth and what kind they are. I have included a couple pictures. Any information would be greatly appreciated. And they are real. Thank you so much

Attachments

• IMG 0081
    IMG 0081
    26.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG 0080
    IMG 0080
    26.2 KB · Views: 40
Looking at the clasp, the tag, and the uniformity of the pearls in terms of roundness and surface appearance, my hunch is that they are not real but good costume jewellery.

However, I could be wrong. Hopefully, the other experts will come along to offer their opinions.

DK :)

The red and green overtones look like Majorica imitation pearls (high end)-- I have some with the same clasp. (see my photo)

What does the tag say?
Is there a 925 mark on the clasp? (Majorica typically uses vermeil, which is silver with gold plating and marked 925.)

Attachments

• 30 inch majorica strand photo 1.jpg
    30 inch majorica strand photo 1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 28
Yes

Yes

The red and green overtones look like Majorica imitation pearls (high end)-- I have some with the same clasp. (see my photo)

What does the tag say?
Is there a 925 mark on the clasp? (Majorica typically uses vermeil, which is silver with gold plating and marked 925.)

Yes the clasp does say Majorica on it the the number is extremely hard to make out. It apperas to be 3 digits though. Thank u smuch for all your help

:)

dredre54, I see your ruler in the second photo is to scale-- so you've got a 7mm, 24 inch strand! Very useful size and length! I hope you will wear them! Majoricas are the best imitation pearls out there. New, their retail price is in the hundreds. Your strand wasn't worn, since it still has the tag.

My strand was bought for me by my husband in 1992. So the age is indeed about right! Mine is 7mm and 30 inches.

If you truly do not care for them, they sell very nicely on eBay with multiple bids. Be sure to take good photos and include the box and certificate of authenticity if you have them.

Back