Inherited Pearls: Are they real? What's their value?

Alice1129

We found these pearls in a box of my grandparents' things in the garage. Not sure if they are real or not, or their value. (Sorry for the bad quality pics, taken from my ipod).

The necklace was found in this box. The box says Lee Onn Jewellers. The clasp says that it is silver. The pearls do not have knots tied in between them. They are gritty against my teeth and up closely, you can see small imperfections on each pearl. The strand feels kind of waited when you lift it.

Anyone know if they are real/value?

Thank you!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 20
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 18
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 19
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 21
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 21
Hello Alice,

Welcome! It is difficult for me to tell very much about these pearls from the photos. However, your observation that they are gritty with small imperfections, would indicate they possibly are cultured akoya pearls. Also, I have never seen a strand of imitation pearls with a clasp and small pearl. Perhaps someone can interpret the symbols on the pearl folder for us.

What is the length of the necklace? Can you estimate mm size of a pearl using the back of a ruler? Can you provide some additional photos, with clearer detail on a white cloth or white paper towel? That would be most helpful!

Back