What pearls are these

Dear all,

those interested please have a closer look.

Assuming the necklace is infact 150 years old, then the pearls are natural, and the orange beads are probably coral.

Get it professionally appraised, as it could be quite valuable.

Well, at least a couple of us thought they were natural pearls from the git go.

I am curious. Do people in India collect natural freshwater pearls? Are they also called Basra pearls? I am thinking that these are actually Basra pearls, meaning from the Persian gulf and therefore saltwater pearls from pinctada radiata.

That was a great lesson. I am so happy you shared this with us. It was like a game where we guess then you reveal the full context and all becomes clear.

It is obvious to me that that entire rosary is highly valuable and highly valued. I hope it stays in your family for many more generations....

Dear Caitlin, i dont know whether u got my reply earlier as the net connection got disconnected. well anyways theres only one living breathing woman in my life and thats my wifee...... these things ...(the pearls) were lying in our lockers for years without knowing their worth. Its only when u interact with knowledgeable people like u that one really figures out what exactly you possess... thanks again..... u need any more details lemme know...shall be glad to provide u... also i have a bracelet of pearls which i will share with u soon...

Back