Peerless Pearls

Can anyone provide information about Peerless Pearls?
I have a set of Peerless Pearls - 3 strand graduated in original case. They look and feel like real pearls (lustre / shape / size / grittiness to teeth)
I have looked and seen other examples on ebay - all have the same information attached to the bottom (see attached photo) which indicate the company was not Australian rather just sold here through agencies / distributors. The text also seems to indicate the pearls are real (not costume)
I have searched the internet and the only reference I could find was a cartoon style advertisement for Peerless Pearl Buttons - New Jersey USA.

Can anyone provide information on:
The Peerless Pearls Company - where they were based and how long ago?
Were their products all real pearls (i.e. not costume)

Many thanks

Attachments

• photo71389.jpg
    photo71389.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 129
  • photo71391.jpg
    photo71391.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 121
I haven't heard of this company before (way before my time as a pearl person) but it looks legit to me.

The cartoon is extra funny because the company seems based in Camden, Tennessee, at that time a great producer of mother-of-pearl buttons from pearly mussels (freshwater) yet advertises as "Ocean Pearl Buttons".

From the photo of the strand (not particularly one that shows much detail) they look like yellow-cream colored Akoya pearls to me.

I have a set of peerless pearls also!!! I’m looking for more information 🙏 please. How did you go with your set?

I have a single strand “Peerless Pearl” necklace purchased for my great aunt’s birthday in 1982 in Australia (it still has the dated card in it). The card is signed and it looks like several family members pooled together to buy them, suggesting that they were reasonably expensive. They are quite heavy - comparable to some real pearls I own. They’re in good condition but the ones nearest the clasp have become discoloured. It’s in a velvet, satin-lined box and the interior says: “Peerless the perfect pearl.” Nothing definitive there I’m afraid, but hopefully a little helpful!

Back