Ebay, my rebound Pearl's!

Faith

Bought these about week ago, had been blue over losing my newest ones when I had my purse stolen, and didn't think I was going to get any more for a while, but then I met these ones, and bam! Back at it again! First overtly graduated strand I've bought, and did some pearl reality checks, everything was fine, so here they are, just seeking grading opinions and any other advice or input, think they are saltwater? All my pearl treasures are bought as pre owned, I'm reading up on this forum/site about where to access new ones safely, learning about both freshwater and saltwater varieties and vendors to trust( or not to! ) almost forgot to mention the price, it was a total of 48.00, seemed like a good deal!

Attachments

• photo70570.jpg
    photo70570.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 39
  • photo70571.jpg
    photo70571.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 49
  • photo70572.jpg
    photo70572.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 48
  • photo70573.jpg
    photo70573.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 38
Wow...$48 is very agreeable. Looks very well graduated and matched, great luster and with rosé overtones, slightly cream colored.
How long is the necklace? What are the pearl sizes?

They look like Akoya to me!

Not sure of the smallest, but the largest one is 8mm, at the mid point, and the length is 18 inches. Im getting ready to start exploring the world of possibilities for colored pearls, hard to say what I'll find pre owned, but doubtless I'll need input, and thank you again for all the help! The next move for me is designing a few pieces of jewelry with some of these beautiful pearls ive aquired, alongside some of my glass and crystal beads. Will start lurking in the lowly beaders thread for ideas!

With those sizes these might be Akoya all right. Their roundness, lustre...overall a good purchase :D

I'll happily accept your assessment, thank you kind sir!

Back