Vintage akoyas?

Faith

These are the ones that came in the JS Lizzadro pouch. The pouch itself is very nice, padded velvet, was pretty dusty looking, but the interior was pristine, so I wiped down the outside with plain water. I think that this is my best deal so far, after my strand of tiny ones! They've passed all my tests, and measure at about 5-5.5mm. I'm hoping for akoyas? Small tag on back of pouch says made in England, but the company name is on the inside. I am going to get better pictures tomorrow, thank you so much!

Attachments

• photo69715.jpg
    photo69715.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 43
  • photo69716.jpg
    photo69716.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 41
  • photo69718.jpg
    photo69718.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 49
  • photo69719.jpg
    photo69719.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 49
  • photo69721.jpg
    photo69721.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 40
  • photo69722.jpg
    photo69722.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo69723.jpg
    photo69723.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 45
Faith, they look very pretty to me. I would guess akoyas, due to their roundness, but I’m no expert. The board has been very quiet this week; however, I’m sure someone with more knowledge than I will weigh in soon. I want to know more about them, too!

Thanks for weighing in, Multichrome!. I'll take some better pictures today!

They look like nice akoyas to me.

I think the pouch was made in England. No telling where the pearls were strung.

I keep coming back to look at these. They are really beautiful. When you have time, I’d love to see more photos. I adore akoyas of that size. How long is the strand, Faith? Congrats on a good eye and a good buy.

Ill post other pics today, sorry its taken me so long! And id love to hear the name of your adorable kitty in your profile picture? Makes me smile every time I see it! I think its about 28 inches, the pearls are very nicely matched, and so pretty, feeling a bit of a "pearl high" over my latest find, so glad you like them!

Nice pearls! They sure look like Akoya to me...very metallic looking! The whole thing about the bag is an added mistery!

Ill post other pics today, sorry its taken me so long! And id love to hear the name of your adorable kitty in your profile picture? Makes me smile every time I see it! I think its about 28 inches, the pearls are very nicely matched, and so pretty, feeling a bit of a "pearl high" over my latest find, so glad you like them!

Ooh, that is a nice length! Please don’t hurry—take the photos when you have time and can have fun doing it!

The kitty is not my kitty, but I love her. She is supposed to be the Vermeer girl with the pearl earring. Isn’t it a beautiful photo?

Here is my kitty. I think if I put clothes on him he would not forgive me, haha!

Attachments

• photo69778.jpg
    photo69778.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 41
  • photo69779.jpg
    photo69779.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 33
I ove your profile photo. I wish there was an app to do this...maybe there is one and I have yet to find it? An app that turns your cat photos into their own classic masterpieces!
I love Vermeer's original.

Sorry its taken me so long to post these, I actually had attempted to days ago but must've hit the wrong prompt, and lost the post, but still had photos on my phone, so this is the same one,
wit's almost 30 inches including the clasp.

Attachments

• photo69801.jpg
    photo69801.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 43
  • photo69802.jpg
    photo69802.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 35
  • photo69803.jpg
    photo69803.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 34
  • photo69804.jpg
    photo69804.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 36
  • photo69805.jpg
    photo69805.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 37
I'm just in awe of mother nature, these are so much more clean than my other ones, with the exception of the necklace of very small ones. Sure wish I knew their origins, am going to research the company, see what I can do to get a hold of someone!

They are both amazingly clean, lustrous and have ros[e and blue overtones. Quite dazzling!

Back