Lotus or mismatched pearls&box

Joaz

Community member
I came across this pearls. I new that Lotus had mostly simulated pearls and not cultured ones. I think the old box seems misfit with the rice irregular shaped pearls, and the pearls are too white for an old necklace.
Have you seen any Lotus items like this?

The photos

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 42
Good morning Joaz...never heard of Lotus Pearls before.
My 1st impression was that these were South Sea keshi pearls, but then I saw all those rings...these are baroque freshwater pearls.
Some pearls are not well matched in color...you can see some silvery-blue ones, others are rosé...so, not a good job in matching unless it was intentional or just something they don't care to do.
But it is nice as a baroque pearl necklace and if the price is right and you like them...go ahead. If not convinced...shop around!

They are not on my liking... but they seemed odd to me. I was curious if someone had seen something similar.
I knew Lotus was an UK company specialized in graduated fake pearls. There is a thread here somewhere.
It seemed odd to me since I never seen such a strand in any vintage strand related to this brand. The clasp has no markings so I am pretty sure the necklace, the box and the brochure are not related... more of a strange mix. :)))
You are 100% baroque freshwater, very mismatched in shape in color.

Back