Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All comments welcome....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagoon Island Pearls
    replied
    Originally posted by parfaitelumiere View Post
    My guess is the strand is made from good akoyas from 70's to 90's or later.
    Agreed.

A natural pearl strand created from near perfect matches on four points (size, color, shape, surface) is a statistical improbability.

So astronomical in fact, it would have to be graded from a pool of millions of natural pearls.

I'd suggest saving $$ and have these candled for uniformity. Uniform = cultured. Radically not uniform = natural.

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    "Prove richesete" means "Requested tests"-- in other words, the purpose was to establish whether there is a nucleus.

"Risultati" means results.
    For the "collana" (necklace) the result is "Nessuna presenza di nuclei all'interno della perla" which means "No presence of nuclei inside the pearl."

So-- according to their test, there is no nucleus.

The luster is lovely!

The GIA can test to tell you if they are natural.

Leave a comment:

• parfaitelumiere
    replied
    Hi,
    The french eagle is still used, so it's not specific from 1838-1919 period.
    However that clasp looks early XX time, maybe even XIX,.
    Hexagonal shape like this seemed to be fashionned in Nap III period and a bit later.
    But that was used for different kind of pearls (small ones) or even a "slave necklace" without pearls
    You can also see the strand has a recent restrung, the gimp is clean.
    The certificate is mentionning a natural pearl on a ring, and japanese pearl necklace (old)
    "anello di perle fine giapponese", meaning ring with natural pearl (in french, and italian, described as "fine"), as the japanese pearl is made from pinctada radiata maculata, has many other names, this shell is living all over the world, so the natural pearl can be from about anywhere in the world.
    "controle radiografica per valutazione eventuale presenza di nuclei all"interno della perla" means "there may be a nucleus inside"
    My guess is the strand is made from good akoyas from 70's to 90's or later.
    So, cultured saltwater, from pinctada radiata or maculata or other names for that small pearl oyster specie.

Leave a comment:

• barbaradilek
    started a topic All comments welcome....

All comments welcome....

These pearls came from an antique shop in Milan about 5 years ago.They were sold as natural pearls with their original clasp.The clasp is 18ct gold marked with the French eagles head used between 1838 and 1919 as is the safety chain.The pearls are between7.40 and 7.55mm in size and the strand is 21” long.There is a lab report in Italian from a large testing laboratory who’s work is not confined to gemstone testing,and the X-ray report just says “ no presence of nucleus inside the pearls”I have the accompanying X-ray,but it has deteriorated and I can’t get any useful photos from it.I remember looking at it when I bought them and thinking that it looked right,but I didn’t really know what I was looking for then.
    I love them,wear them regularly,and have no interest in selling them.However I am interested to know,with the sketchy description from the lab,if they are saltwater,or later well matched freshwater.? I had them restrung as the original silk was stretched and dirty,the pearls are slightly off spherical there are some that look a different shade,but it’s only noticeable to me in natural light ,they are lighter than the photos show. Whatever they are they are gorgeous,but some expert input would be much appreciated.5Click image for larger version

Name:	80A0DB13-F6C4-4AA3-9CF9-9DC56AAC4A0D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	418118Click image for larger version

Name:	A1AB388C-79AA-4946-9301-0B319485DF1C.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	418119Click image for larger version

Name:	7A506A95-5296-485F-B672-4C3CCE74BA28.jpg
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	418120