Last Tango in Halifax pearls?

Does anyone know what kind of pearls these are? They were breathtakingly luminous on screen in the show... not so much in this photo... last-tango-derek-t.jpg
they also looked white, or cream on the show... and here they have a pink cast.... any thoughts? Anyone see the show and notice them? Because of their size they could be freshwater or south sea, but the luminosity made me think akoyas, but too big for those....

Probably fakes, unless Anne Reid's own. Actors often wear their own jewellery and have a collection of pieces in their make-up boxes.

Really... ? I would think they're often provided by the costume designer like in the new Bridgerton Netflix series, so many lovely pearls, necklaces of all kinds.. This one is from "Succession," the pendant (not the earrings, though those are lovely too)... I have searched high and low for this pendant, and decided it doesn't exist... it is stunning... I've been told it could be a freshwater and south sea... but because of it's large perfect shape very expensive if you can even find...

succession.jpg

All the pearls and jewels in Bridgerton looked fake to me.

It's a mix. British actors often go from TV and film to theatre lugging a large make-up box which gradually fills up with all sorts of stuff. Colin Baker once told me that when he appeared as a baddie in Blakes 7 he added his own single earring to his costume and made sure it was in a couple of scenes before anyone noticed.
It could even be that the costume designed added a necklace of fake pearls and if Anne Reid had a string of real ones she wore them instead

Really... ? I would think they're often provided by the costume designer like in the new Bridgerton Netflix series, so many lovely pearls, necklaces of all kinds.. This one is from "Succession," the pendant (not the earrings, though those are lovely too)... I have searched high and low for this pendant, and decided it doesn't exist... it is stunning... I've been told it could be a freshwater and south sea... but because of it's large perfect shape very expensive if you can even find...

View attachment 76984

What a great look, PGB2, especially how perfectly the pearl pendant sits just inside the line of the blouse. I like that it's large (or perhaps the actor is tiny)? Are you able to estimate what size the pearl is, or see what sort of bail is attached?

Wendy@Pearlescence, what do you think about replicating a simple drop pendant like this with a lustrous metallic drop shape edison? Seems to me it could be done in a budget-conscious way? What's a few small blemishes on a sizeable pearl with great luster ~

I have also been lusting after this pendant since I first saw the show a few months ago. It looks like a champagne south Sea to me. Anyone have any info?

That would be very easy to replicate with a large bead nucleated freshwater pearl and either silver or vermeil. Especially if the customer is happy for a blemish at the back.
Earrings look straightforward too, and a bit more unusual.
BTW I just checked with google and amongst other snippets I found this
Michelle Yeoh used her own emeralds in the film Crazy Rich Asians when she and director Jon M. Chu decided that hers were better. Apparently she has a lot of good jewelry.

Well good to know about fakes often used in shows... or the actors' own... ...
re the south sea large pendant, I have found similar ones in freshwater that are white or champagne but never quite the blush color or well quite the same... I think this one is a drop pearl about 25mm long is my guess.

Back