What kind of pearls do I have? Larger

momsjewel

Hello all, Recent purchase of this necklace which has an older clasp marked 925. The pearls are fairly large but are not perfectly round and they also have a ring around them. Are they baroque and are they common? Thank you for any help. pearl necklace filigree 925 square clasp large gw close.jpgpearl necklace filigree 925 square clasp large gw with dime whole.jpg

Hi momsjewel!

Your pearls are baroque freshwater pearls from China. Baroque freshwater pearls are the most common kind of pearls, but the upside is that these have solid nacre and are very durable. Plus, it's fun to wear large pearls. Enjoy wearing them! :)

Thank you so much Pearl Dreams. I am always amazed of the knowledge in this group.

Hello all, Recent purchase of this necklace which has an older clasp marked 925. The pearls are fairly large but are not perfectly round and they also have a ring around them. Are they baroque and are they common? Loans with bad credit here Thank you for any help. View attachment 76534View attachment 76535

the fact that they are uneven gives them a more natural look
and also you can be sure that they are real, its easier to fake perfectly round pearls than unsymmetrical, no one would other

Last edited:
I agree with Samll...they won't fake shapes other than rounds. The rings around many of the pearls make them easily identified too.
Wear in Good Health!

I think, it's baroque freshwater pearls, Am i right?

Hello Amelia and Welcome to our Forum!
Yes, they seem to be an assorted group of very symmetrical baroque freshwater pearls. I would call them semi-baroque and some circled.

Watch the knotting - I can see a thread end sticking up between the next to last and last pearl at one end. That means there's not a lot of knot holding the necklace onto the clasp. (try a silver cloth to cheer the clasp up)

Back