Are they real? If so, what kind?

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
We can't see the photos. Try sizing them smaller and posting them again.

Edit: Not sure what happened to the original post by Wandabanda, to which this was a reply. :confused:

Last edited:
Thank you for taking your time in checking my pictures and responding Lady Disdain! I was hoping for more feedback, but sure do appreciate yours! =) Many thanks and God Bless!!

Can I get help identifying these 2 sets of pearls? Authentic? Type? Vintage? Value?

Can I get help identifying these 2 sets of pearls? Authentic? Type? Vintage? Value?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
I got this pearl necklace around 4 years ago. I have no history on it. These feel gritty against my teeth and they are cool and lightweight. Also stamped are the letters "CP" and on the smaller clasp in teeny tiny letters "14k" " CPI" or "CP".
Also, if possible, I am wondering about the black and white pearl bracelet. They were also gifted to me, but unfortunately, I broke the strand by one of the pearls! =( I recall trying to superglue the chain to the pearl which you can see in one of the pics there's dried up superglue. These are also slightly gritty, cool, and lightweight with no markings on the clasp. I believe it's sterling silver though since it has yet to tarnish after wearing while showering.
Thank you all in advance!! I am so grateful and excited to have found you all!! I look forward to learning about these pieces!! I've had them put up for a while now with absolutely no knowledge as to what they really are or any kind of useful information. (I apologize for posting several times, I' am eager to know about these!!) Many thanks and God Bless!! :eek::eek::eek:

IMG_20201113_182438.jpgIMG_20201113_182518.jpgIMG_20201113_182748.jpgIMG_20201112_223044 (2).jpg

IMG_20201112_223127 (2).jpgIMG_20201112_223127 (3).jpgIMG_20201112_223151 (2).jpgIMG_20201113_161714.jpgIMG_20201113_161657.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Cortez :eek: I sure do appreciate it! I just received some more feedback on my previous post and want to thank everyone for the feedback! Nice to know that they are real pearls. I will continue to hold on to them as they are very beautiful! Thanks :eek::eek::eek:

Thank you Pattye. I do hope to get the bracelet fixed, I just don't know where to go and how much it would cost. I am thinking it would probably be expensive, but hopefully not. I used to wear them so much! It's a beautiful simple bracelet =)

You ask about value as well, I see. The bracelet would not really have any and the akoyas, less than most people think. You can look at eBay (only sold listings) for strands of similar size and condition to get an idea.

Thank you KarinK, I have been browsing through Ebay and Etsy. I think it's best I keep them to myself. Lol =)

No worries =) I do apologize for reposting Cortez. I am getting used to the site. I apologize for any inconvenience =) I think I got a hang of it now. Thanks

Don't worry! I am checking the forum several times a day to moderate the posts...but yesterday was my Bday and I was a bit lax on this (had to cook for my Clan ;) ) and I should have approved your post before you were able to write a second one.
Anyway: No harm done!
And I am sure you got your answers and hopefully you will join in with our community to start an enduring pearl relationship with our favorite Gem!

You ask about value as well, I see. The bracelet would not really have any and the akoyas, less than most people think. You can look at eBay (only sold listings) for strands of similar size and condition to get an idea.

I agree. The bracelet is probably less than $10 USD, but you should change the chain for a new one, or use thread or wire and have a new look on it. It is nice :)
For the Akoya, without being able to check it directly I agree with KarinK yet again: check for similar items on eBay, but just for a quickie: I would say between $100 to $300 dollars. The pearls seem to be "A" grade.

Welcome Wandabadanda! I completely agree ... you should definitely keep those pearls to yourself and enjoy them :) You might like a nice long browse through the several threads here on the forum about restringing and knotting your pearls yourself; something that is easy and economical; there are many hints and tips and tutorials! You might even get some ideas for those pretty freshwater drops, with a new silver chain, or a pretty leather cord. Have fun, and do come back to chat!

You might even get some ideas for those pretty freshwater drops, with a new silver chain, or a pretty leather cord. Have fun, and do come back to chat!

That is one of the best parts of the love for pearls. Unlike other gemstones, there is so much we can do without specialized tools or long training. Change the stringing, combine with different pearls or gemstone beads, make a tincup, etc. You can really have a lot of fun with your pearls. Look at the lowly beaders thread (a misnomer if there ever was one) for a ton of ideas.

Hello Wandabadanda
Regarding the bracelet - you may have a repair option by seeking out a workshop with either a Pulse Welder or a laser welder.

You can do repairs which previously would have been impossible to consider, as the heat can be constrained to a very localised "spot" (literally the person can hold right beside the "zapped" spot")

Hello Wandabadanda
Regarding the bracelet - you may have a repair option by seeking out a workshop with either a Pulse Welder or a laser welder.

You can do repairs which previously would have been impossible to consider, as the heat can be constrained to a very localised "spot" (literally the person can hold right beside the "zapped" spot")

Yes! Laser welding is "the thing". Amazing what can be done with this tech :)

Back