What kind of Pearl?

Miguelle

Community member
Hello Pearl Experts,

Needing your help again. I recently bought these pearls online. The description says that it’s vintage, round 12mm pearls.

Are these cultured freshwater pearls?

12FCF67A-7EAA-4E41-AD0F-440DA3D4080A.jpg

Thank you!

The photo is too small. Can you post a few larger shots? Include closeups of any blemishes you see.

Also, what is the metal of the posts and earring backs marked?

Hi Miguelle,
Please take the earrings out of the box and photograph them on a white paper towel. Also if there are any blemishes on the sides or back, please take a pic of them also. Were these purchased from the original owner? Was there a story to support the earrings being vintage? I don't think bead nucleated freshwater pearls have been around long enough to be considered vintage (at least 20 - 100 years old).

Hi Miguelle,
Please take the earrings out of the box and photograph them on a white paper towel. Also if there are any blemishes on the sides or back, please take a pic of them also. Were these purchased from the original owner? Was there a story to support the earrings being vintage? I don't think bead nucleated freshwater pearls have been around long enough to be considered vintage (at least 20 - 100 years old).

Hi Pattye,

9A8AD4A6-C503-4628-8F07-2D8F4122C526.jpg

Thank you!

Hi Pattye,

I checked the earrings and there seem to be no blemishes.

073B1820-1088-4DE9-B805-133B61BF2F50.jpg
EEB685EA-0971-4A68-88BE-1D5B02A918C0.jpg

Thanks!

Just because of their color and overtones, luster and shape...my guess those are White South Sea Pearls. But it is terribly hard to see!

You really captured them in post #6 above, gorgeous to the max!
sometimes I find if I get about 1 foot away, and then crop (edit) the photo, I get a sharp image like you posted in 6. If I get closer my phone camera might focus on the paper towel instead of the pearl.
Pearls are tough subjects

Last edited:
They do look like WSS, however, whatever type they’re, they’re gorgeous! Enjoy them in good health!

Back