Help Identify Type of Peal and Jeweler

Iriso

This pearl necklace was handed down to me. The strand broke but I have all of the loose pearls. The back of the clasp has what looks like a D, heart and an h. It says SILVER underneath. Does anyone have any information on the origin? What type of pearls could these be? I think they may have been purchased in the 1980s. 48B3C1FA-1CEC-4A7C-9626-1C211B5C18DB.jpg0F7E7AF5-0A7C-4C5E-8261-0C5D5DD29C0E.jpg

They may be imitation; that is my first impression. Please post photos of the rest of the pearls, too.

I do not recognize the brand.

You may also want to do a simple test, the "tooth test". Rub two of the pearls gently against each other or rub one pearl gently against the edge of your front tooth. Imitation pearls will glide smoothly against each other while real pearl nacre feels a bit gritty.

They are imitations!

Many people enjoy wearing imitation pearls. If you would like to restring them yourself, check out the tutorials and videos on our Lowly Beaders Club forum.

Ahh, I had a feeling. I also just tried the suggestion of the "tooth test" and it did feel smooth. It still is pretty tho, so I think I will take your advice and check out those videos on restringing. Thank you very much!

Back