What pearls are these? Pink colored pearls.

asurazzy

Hi there.

A seller told me that these are natural color pink south sea pearls. I dont know what it is because obviouly I am not an expert. Just a regular pearl lover girl. I hope the experts in here could tell me what exactly are these. I posted in show us your pearls section and few people told me it might be dyed freshwater or dyed southsea. Well any analize or opinion here will be greatly appriciated. Im putting 3 pics on here. Hopefully its clear enough.

Attachments

• 20170523_163200.jpg
    20170523_163200.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20170521_195825.jpg
    20170521_195825.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20170521_194946.jpg
    20170521_194946.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 30
Asurazzy just for your information, natural pink south sea pearls do exist but they are rare. A member of the forum, Icy Jade, photographed a big pink drop-shaped south sea pearl in Hong Kong.
I also bought a pink south sea pearl from Sven, and Cees confirmed that Sven is trustworthy.

Yaaa I saw the big drop pearl you posted. Can you post pic of your pink ss if its possible? Btw this seller is from Lombok Island. He said my pink pearls its not of very good quality and not round. He knew I like baroque so he showed me that. He said its salt water pearl and the color is natural. Maybe he said BS bout the color but I took it anyway. And I custom ordered the necklace since his shop also handcraft the gold setting. He sold the pearl by the gr instead of by diameter. The better quality and or size the more expensive per gr.

Yaaa I saw the big drop pearl you posted. Can you post pic of your pink ss if its possible? Btw this seller is from Lombok Island. He said my pink pearls its not of very good quality and not round. He knew I like baroque so he showed me that. He said its salt water pearl and the color is natural. Maybe he said BS bout the color but I took it anyway. And I custom ordered the necklace since his shop also handcraft the gold setting. He sold the pearl by the gr instead of by diameter. The better quality and or size the more expensive per gr.

The big drop doesn't belong to me, though.

DSC_0337.jpg They're pink Indonesian ssps, from Aloha Pearl on Etsy. IMG_20161212_131742.jpg
This is my pink ssp from Sven i.e. Agustus-collection on Ebay.
IMG_4314.jpg This one belongs to London Pearl, an ssp from Atlas Pearl.

I can't tell if they are freshwater or SSP. What size are they? Definitely dyed though, but pretty nonetheless!

Pareltje - I LOVE your SSP from Sven. The colours are amazing.

Pareltje what did you turn your pink pearl into? A pendant? Its very nice pearl! Im getting baroque golden and white SS and round black SS for my next necklace. I cant stop getting pearls I think its a disease...

Sanipy were you asking bout the size of my pinkies? They have different sizes. I dont know the sizes tho..they were not measured.

asurazzy, it's going to stay undrilled. I will wear it in my pearl cage :)

Back