Multi-Strand "potato" pearls???

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Oh, heck, I wanted this to be post #2. Still learning how moderating works! :p

This is CatsNme's thread.

If I delete this post the whole thread will disappear, so I'm leaving it alone.

Last edited:
Multi-Strand "potato" pearls???

Four strands with solid 14K clasp (I hope I did not pay too much at $55); bead size 1.5 mm. I looked up the beads on line and found them described as "potato" pearls.

20170324_195524_LLS.jpg20170324_195432_LLS.jpg

Has anyone seen and is familiar with this hallmarks? Who is it by?

I cleaned the necklace with Meyer's hand soap :eek: The beads now looks decent and presentable. The necklace looks very nice twisted.

I moved my reply also.

They are certainly freshwater pearls; I've seen that shape described as rondelles. Assuming the clasp is actually 14K, the clasp alone is worth what you paid.

A general word of caution for jewelry on eBay coming from China: Metal may be stamped 14K yet only be plated base metal.

Howe about a neck shot? :)

Here's the photo with me wearing the necklace. I love the length and its casual look. A keeper :eek:

20170325_074936.jpg

Hi Pattye, only time will tell as to whether or not the clasp is real gold. If I start to break out and my neck turns green, I will know it's not real gold (lol) :D

very pretty neck shot! Thanks for sharing! I think you found a bargain :)

Thank you SunSeeker :eek: Looks like Mrs. Meyer's hand soap (not advertising) did a wonderful job cleaning the beads (hehe)

Very pretty! nice necklace, well done. Sending continued good fortune as you bang around on Ebay!

Thank you moneymeister, BWeaves, PD, and JP -

I love a good bargain. The beads cleaned up nicely and gives off a nice glow in natural light :eek:

Back