Can anyone help me identify these pearls please...

Nancy13

image.jpg
Clasp is stamped 10 kt the pearls are not completely round , they are gritty if you rub them on your tooth....can anyone please tell me what kind of pearls there are..please and thanks!

Hi Nancy13, welcome to Pearl-Guide!

You have a strand of dyed cultured Chinese freshwater pearls. Their shape comes from their being solid nacre-- no bead inside.

My guess is that they are a little older, dating from before the huge increase in the price of gold. I don't think too many vendors would put a gold clasp on dyed FWP today.

Are you thinking of selling them? Probably at least half the value of the necklace is the clasp, so...not a lot, sorry.

You might try searching on eBay for sold similar items, and see what they sold for.

Last edited:
View attachment 44776
Clasp is stamped 10 kt the pearls are not completely round , they are gritty if you rub them on your tooth....can anyone please tell me what kind of pearls there are..please and thanks!

This is fresh water pearl, Chinese vendor will call it as potato pearl. They just simply dyed the color in green. This pearl is not expensive at all

Back