Help...What Kind of Pearls do I have?

Hulda

With all due respect, I like to think Pearl-Guide for giving me the opportunity to post in the forum. I need help to identify the pearls. Can one of the experts in here help me in this case? Thanks.

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

013.jpg

They look like akoyas, only thing that throws me off is the brass colored finding (looks like a crimp bead end, but I know thats not what it it called, the name escapes me) between the pearls and the clasp, either thats a new clasp because I don't see things like that on newer higher end pearls usually on imitation or restrung pearls from a long time ago

I agree, older akoya pearls.

They could use a nice warm bath with some mild soapy water, followed by restringing. And then they would be lovely to wear!

If you are interested in learning to restring, it isn't hard-- many of us string our own pearls. See the instructions in the Lowly Beaders Club forum. :)

ckrickett, I've got some jewelry from the 50's with those type of end cap findings, but they still make them today as well. That clasp could be new too, though it's hard to tell from the photo.

In addition, the pearls are between 8-9 millimeters and some are over 9.

Back