Found a pearl

Fala

Hello!

While diving in Bahrain I have come across numerous pearls. The other day I found one that was different and would like some help as to whether or not it is worth much.

The pearl itself is about 3.5 mm and mostly round. There is a slight flat spot on one side. What makes this interesting is that almost exactly half of the Pearl is black, and half is the normal cream/white. All the google searching in the world doesn't seem to show me any two toned pearls. If I could attach a picture I would, but I don't see an option on mobile site.

Hi Fala,

That does sound like an interesting pearl!
There are some here on Pearl-Guide who attach photos from mobile phones so; maybe one of them can help you figure out how.

Please attach a photo. Bi-colored pearls exists, like yellow-white and gray-white in South Seas...did the seller say from what oyster or mussel?

Thanks for the replies... I still don't see a way to post the pictures. Maybe someone could advise?

As for the oyster it is from. I found it in a "Basra Pearl oyster". At least that's what it looks like to me.

It seems maybe I can't upload from my phone? Unfortunately I don't have access to a laptop or anything. If at all possible, I could email the pictures I have.

Found it :) Photos incoming

image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg

It looks like a pearl with the conchiolin showing.

Please refer to this thread.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help. Just yesterday we found another Pearl. 2.31 karats!

Your tiny pearl looks very pretty ... I hope you'll come back and show us the new one 2.31 karats also :)

Back