Help, please with these pearl hoop earrings

Beans

I scored a sweet pair of vintage pearl hoop earrings on 14kt gold wires. There are eleven 5 mm pearls on each earring.

After taking about 1000 photos :rolleyes:, I finally have some images that work. A black or white only background produced many varied results!

One pearl has some missing nacre as shown in the photo on the glass plate. Realizing every monitor will show different results, I can tell you they are a light champagne colour with subtle pink and blue hues.

Thank you for any insight on these.

Attachments

• Pearl Hoop Earrings B.jpg
    Pearl Hoop Earrings B.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Pearl Hoop Earrings C.jpg
    Pearl Hoop Earrings C.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 34
I think you have petite akoya pearls there. The drill holes are unusually large, but this is to accommodate the curve in the wire.
The second photo, first pearl on the right shows some pretty orient.

Thank you so much! I won't be keeping them as I don't wear a lot of jewelry now that I'm a country bumpkin. I plan to sell them and I'm a stickler for accurate descriptions on my vintage wares!

Michelle

I've seen Roman era earrings in much the same design. So it really is a timeless classic
Even country bumpkins need pearls. I once did a re-string for a farmer who wore her pearls all the time, even for milking.

Well, Wendy.. I'm a city gal at heart gone country. You might see me in gum boots but I'd be throwing a frisbee to my dog! And I wear diamonds on my ears and a matching pendant that my hubs gifted to me. :eek:

Beans, I also think that's a lovely, classic pair of earrings ... I'd wear those in a heartbeat, even to throw a frisbee to my dog LOL!

Back