Mikimoto period?

anne11228

Hello all! New to the forum and happy for any info. someone can add. Bought this strabd of graduated Mikimoto;s and wanted to know the date range of this piece. Thanks for your help!

pearls 4.jpgpearls 7.jpgpearls 2.jpgpearls 5.jpg

Welcome. I am not an authority on the subject, but we have a few members who know a great deal about Mikimoto. Be patient and someone will chime in soon. It would also be nice to see the top of the clasp. :)

In addition to a photo of the top of the clasp, can you get a sharper photo of the back of the clasp and the markings.

Did any other documentation come with the strand?

Hey guys and thanks for your responses.

Heres another photo of the clasp and the case.
pearlsd.jpgpearl case.jpgpearl case.jpgpearl case.jpg

The clasp has the M inside the clamshell. I could not begin to tell you the year.

Have you tried e-mailing the Mikimoto company?

Welcome, Anne,

Thank you for sharing your lustrous strand of pearls. I'm no Miki expert either, but these definitely look authentic and high quality. Wow, they look barely worn, as the silk isn't dirty and stretched. The logo may be earlier than we usually see, it is slightly different, more decorative logo. Also the bead tips used, instead of being finished with french wire. My feeling is they are earlier than 50's, maybe even 30's. Don't recall that we've seen that exact style clasp either.

What size are the pearls? I'd certainly recommend restringing and knotting between each pearl, not just the end ones.

The pictures are a bit blurry, but it looks like a beautiful strand. Is the clasp silver?

Back