The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

I thought I'd give that old cliche "cashmere and pearls" a go. I layered a 4' rope and a lily of the valley pin, with an infinity scarf. My white blouse reflected too much light and made the pearls look washed out, but IRL, the creamy pearls goes quite well with the dark beige fabric.

IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1468.jpg

Cashmere and pearls are both wonderful things. My mother gives me a cashmere jumper for Christmas every year, and they last for ages if looked after.

cyndayco What a lovely layered look! The delicate knit of the scarf with those pearls and pin is a perfect combination! I really like your pearl rope too!

I've been looking at the Tudor pearls for inspiration.
I read that Autore loaned their pearls for the tv series, and the pearls for the coronation scene were valued above $60,000.
How do you keep the enhancer metal from damaging the pearls that are next to it? Do you need some sort of buffer between it and them?
If it is large/ heavy, how do you keep it from damaging the thread?
Would it work better put on at the clasp? I would think that the gimp and rings would protect the pearls, but how would you then handle the clasp?

I have a multi- strand white rice krispie pearl and lapis lazuli beads necklace that was supposed to be a torsade. The jeweler who did the commission didn't figure out how to gather the strings into a clasp. What do you use to gather the strands to twirl them? The feature clasp is a large, heavy, gold and lapis lazuli rectangle.

Hi Wicker, If you put up a photo of that pearl and lapis necklace, maybe we could try for a solution. (sorry, I'm such a functionally visual person)...

Marianne, Cheer up! I'm challenged, too. And I haven't bought a camera to take photos yet.. The cell phone is an old one, so I have to up grade on that as well. Now to find the thread with less expensive camera suggestions..

Thanks, everyone. Marianne, I am also camera-challenged at the moment. Every necklace is shot with my iPhone and tweaked in iPhoto. Sadly, iPhoto is no Photoshop.

Here is my new necklace from Pearl Paradise that Hisano designed for me. It is a double strand with a 16" 7-8mm metallic AAA and a 17" 8-9mm freshadama (almost metallic, but just short of qualifying) nestled with a white gold and diamond clasp. I paired the double strand with my 8.6mm natural white hanadama studs (they are just about a perfect match!) Worn with my white "menswear" style Everlane shirt and a grey cashmere boyfriend v-neck sweater. I am also wearing light denim skinny jeans and Frye Harness boots for a more casual look.

double grey mod.jpgclasp square.jpg

This is also a fun preppy way to wear a basic strand. Wearing my 18" freshadama 9-9.5mm strand from PP over an Everlane silk blouse and sweater. I paired my 11.8mm wSS studs with it, and wore light denim skinny jeans and dark brown leather aviator boots for a casual look.
Wss freshadama Everlane 2.jpg

I love them both and I adore the classic outfit, even though I can only see a little bit! :)

Beautiful sounding outfits LitGeek! Can't go wrong with skinny jeans and boots; and Frye harness boots are the best!
I love the look of casual jeans and dressy pearls; such a nice contrast. Well done, well done. :)
Linda.

Back