Pondslime or light shades of lavender

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
May I ask your opinions?

which looks better? I want to replace fakes with real pearls.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3B06F4AD-5468-4D90-900E-0E08D76A83D9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	439.6 KB ID:	452685

I'm not sure which are lavender and which are pondslime, but I prefer the pearls on the right, too.

Thanks, Wendy and B! Those are the pondslime. They do look rich, don’t they? They’re a complex pearl. There are pink, lavender, copper, olive and gold... I couldn’t tell you what the base note is because there’s olive and purple in each pearl.

I need 60 pearls, have just enough pearls to do it. Before I undo the wire the necklace is on, I want to see if another lavender necklace I have looks as rich, but I don’t think they will.
Click image for larger version  Name:	6413DDBB-C7C8-46C5-A194-4206F24E46CA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	309.3 KB ID:	452692

I have a lot of broken necklaces from twining them and wearing them on my wrist.

Last edited:
Click image for larger version  Name:	8CE8463F-05E8-4466-BC62-5B3BFEFEE322.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	257.7 KB ID:	452696 Ok, down to pondslime and PP Lavender, I ruled out the lightest strand.

Last edited:
Thanks 86C. I sure do appreciate your weighing in.

Going against the tide here and thinking bluish lavender. Depending on what effect you are after. It seems to me the contrast here would be greater and call more attention to the pearls. If the goal is to have them blend in, then the pondslime.

Dang! I like them both lisa c but for entirely different reasons...the blue-gray one (left) looks more classic, but the (right) pondslime looks more playful and everyday!

Hi you guys! I’m up in the air again, was and wasn’t surprised that the PP lavenders look good with the beads. They’re darker than the lightest lavender pearls, but not as dark as the pondslime. It only makes my choice a bit harder.

Pattye, I wish they were stones, but I’m fairly sure they’re Swarovski. It’s hard to tell from my photographs, this post looks a little dark, the above posts I mean..the necklace is 48” long and the beads are very rich looking, but irl I think too alike to be gemmy. They’re a light smoky color, not precisely gray or brown. The tops of the beads all look alike, the holes are off center in all of them.
Click image for larger version  Name:	3E7DE272-0ABA-4CDE-BC97-1245458098D0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	188.4 KB ID:	452732

Last edited:
I took a minute to check the drops for discriminating features, because oh boy! Wouldn’t I be over the moon if they were gems! They are very rich looking to me irl because of the smoky color.

Sadly, I also found one of the drops has a chip at the top, and it’s very sharp where the chip is. That’s another indicator of glass, right? The only other things I can think of that’d have an edge so sharp, and be so clear, maybe quartz? And I don’t know if you can facet quart this finely?

4F6E9610-845A-4F52-961E-143024612CA9.jpeg
F533865D-F3BD-4C0A-A2CD-C3A68F2F4504.jpeg
Last one, and I thank you for all of your patience and input! It’s amazing how the mood changes with the pearls. Karin, you’re right, Lighter pearls, lighter mood. Darker pearls, more smoke and mystery. Douglas, too true.

So, I think these pics prove that they’re glass with an aurora treatment, because the beads change with the angle of light coming through.

maybe 2 necklaces, shorter, a Summer version and a Winter version?
Then find a glamorous life to accessorize them!

I like the idea of a Summer and a Winter version :You_Rock_Emoticon:

And, as it happens, I’m seriously underwhelmed by the beads and the pondslime. The pondslime lose their kick next to the crystal bead, and the the bead loses as well. The pondslime are a family set apart, rich together, subtle. pearl-sorters are genius! I wish I could thank them.

Pearl sorting is indeed an Art-form!

Back