Micro-Garnet & Akoya Pearl

BeadersSecret

Professional Rethreader
I referred to this necklace in the powerpro thread (no pun intended).

Its multi-functional - the knots "are" rather robust for the rather small size garnets as the design functions as a neck wrap (three rows) - in wrap mode I sometimes add a Tahitian on an enhancer - a Bracelet (6 rows) and as a Lariat with removable Tahitians.

I love making pieces that can be used very flexibly in function - with a bit of thought you can wear essentially the same piece for a week in a different guise each day.

3row.jpg

Pendant.jpg

Lariat.jpg

Great to see your work. This rope is absolutely delightful! I suspect it needs the knots for flexibility as well as the great look.

I knotted an antique necklace with extremely tiny America river mussel pearls from 1mm to 4.5mm. It drapes better than it did when the pearls were packed against each other. The pearls were so tiny, there were over 250 pearls on an 16" length. I knotted out to 18". I used size 6 Powerpro. Hopefully it won't need reknotting for another century.

Oh, wow Caitlin! I can't even imagine trying to knot 1mm pearls. The smallest I have done were 2.5mm garnets and they were tough enough.

Bernadette, your rope is lovely - very rich and luscious.

A wonderful design. I love the contrast of the silver pearls with the garnets. A great choice for an enhancer--love the flexibility too! Amazing knotting job there as well.

Back