What to use for tiny keshi?

I agree that for pearls, it's worth it to buy them outside of the EU. I mostly have. It's the smaller purchases, just crossing the line of $12, that are tricky. This is even for used items or things you couldn't get inside the EU. Or if something cost $2.5 but you have a $12 shipping fee because it comes from far away. You won't have to pay taxes but it adds a lot to the cost.

In sweden you pay taxes for everything outside europe, even smaller purchases. And a fee over that. If I can find the finding or whatever I am looking for in sweden, it's still better to order from somewhere else. The swedish online stores add a lot.

Last edited:
Done!

I got some Griffin nylon thread with the built-in needle from a local source (overseas shipping was too high for any other choice) and now I am done! I knotted every 7-8 keshi. I put the capo in for size comparison. Unfortunately it means that it is the one in focus...

attachment.php

They are CRAZY small! Finding those holes... But I am wearing it today, layered with another short necklace with garnets. So it's already paid off for me to reconstruct them. Never mind that the gimp is a little long.

Additional info is that I used a single thead (possible since the needle comes already 'installed'). I wouldn't for regular pearls but you can't see the knot here and I was able to place it very close to the keshi even though I couldn't pull the threads to help tighten.

Beautiful! I love it...and love it more since I can imagine drilling each tiny pearl and threading them...OMG. That is a ton of work!

I don't even know how they do it! With some of the flat keshies you could see the needles through the wall of the pearl. It was that thin.

Back