Knotty problems finishing an endless necklace

Katbran,
On FB we're both friends with a woman in the pearl biz, Alice Chan. A few days ago she posted a short clip of herself knotting the middle of a GSS strand, did you see it? A different technique than anything I've seen before! I'm very curious about it.

I am sure this is the same technique that Jeremy posted a few years ago https://youtu.be/O12P1OaMCe8

And there is no fingernails to get in the way of the camera LOL.

Oh, wow, there's been a lot going on here since I last checked! (I'm finishing a new collection and have been working extra-hard for the last couple of weeks.)

I want to say thanks to everyone who offered encouragement and advice. I finally figured out the mistake that was causing my knots not to hold: I was tying double overhand knots (or double half-hitches? I'm still figuring things out) around the passive thread with the end of the thread I'd been working with, but none with the long tail I'd left when I started. Once I did that, the necklace seemed much more secure, but I did use glue, too, just in case.

Here's how it turned out:

magnolia-bough-jewelry-and-gifts-llc-jade-necklace-repair.jpg

And now I love knotting and have already ordered more Beader's Secret from Pattye! :)

Happy Weekend, everybody!

Congrats on the successful outcome. It looks great. Knotting is addicting - buy lots of Beaders secret!

SydK, Pearl Dreams, Charlotta, and Bernadette--thank you all!

Pearl Dreams, your tutorials were invaluable in my figuring out how to help my client. Thank you for being so, so generous with your expertise and time in writing everything up so clearly.

And SydK, I'm now well stocked with several colors of Beader's Secret and raring to go with my next knotting project! :)

Katbran,
On FB we're both friends with a woman in the pearl biz, Alice Chan. A few days ago she posted a short clip of herself knotting the middle of a GSS strand, did you see it? A different technique than anything I've seen before! I'm very curious about it.

Hey pattye can you please share the video's link??? Thank you!

Oh well! I would have loved to see it. Not a beader myself (dyslexia is baaaad for this and other things, even typing!) but I always like to see and learn new things :)
Thank you!

Back