Using up pearls and findings

SydK

I’m using my time at home to use up some bits and pieces I have laying about. Some of it is a bit meh and I can see why I hadn’t used it, but it turns out I had some lovely pairs of freshwater pearls.
E81D7DB0-D4BE-4B70-A16E-0DC8F701ECE6.jpeg0321C5FA-3116-4A35-AE9B-3507C748BCB7.jpegC3652FEB-BA93-467B-B3A9-613F66FA5404.jpeg504C4E69-B2B9-4C1E-93B2-8CCFA8CDCBC6.jpegView attachment 73891

Also these. These SS Keshi have always annoyed me. Nice colour, nice luster, funky shapes that I thought would make fun asymmetric threaders, but the vendor inexplicably drilled about 1mm away from a prominent dark hole on one pearl (not visible on the Etsy photos), so now that’s all I can see when I look at them. I’ve now glued them on to the threaders, but think if I’m going to wear them, I’ll have to remove them and buy a bail or cap that covers the hole. Or they may just be destined to hang around in my stash.
6DF686C0-C75F-4234-B4DC-46D7C8BB76BD.jpeg

Oh, how beautiful! All are wonderful—they have made my morning.

What kind of finding are the little sparkly hearts you used with the big gold freshies at top? Can we see the back? They might be perfect for a project of mine if they are commercially available. (If you don’t mind sharing.)

Your projects looks great. I have some leftover stuff as well. Somehow I end up not using some pearls or findings regardless of how many remakes I do. Might not like those.

Hi Multichrome, the little hearts have posts at the back. They’re from Etsy seller wangqing123, described as “7mm heart earring stud post”. And thanks, Charlotta - you are the queen of re-makes :) I seem to recall that you had some giant ripples you were never quite happy with - did they ever get used, or are they still in a drawer somewhere?

Thank you, SydK, for the info on the findings. Thank you again for sharing, and wear your new pretties in good health.

SydK, thank you. Those giant ripples, one roundish strand of pinkish green ripples and one more colorful dropshaped strand are still loose in a box together with some pink and peach off round freshwater pearls. They will stay there for a while, those kind of colors don't really look good with my complexion. I am playing with those circled golden and white south sea pearls at the moment.

These are all fabulous pearls and projects.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, and for your advice on the keshi, Pattye. I did say I wasn’t going to buy anything for these projects, but a couple of little gold caps hardly count, right... :)
More de-stashing yesterday. This sparkly ombré necklace uses up lots of random bits and pieces leftover from other projects - baroque Tahitians, dyed freshies (grey drops and blue potatoes), un-dyed freshies, rice pearls, tiny hematite beads (with a couple of dark tiger’s eye mixed in, I think), some cheap faceted labradorite beads, some cloudy aquamarine, and even a couple of the glass pearls I bought to learn to string on - a bit of everything, really.
5F3B71C1-9D0C-4F2C-B6AB-8F3B987EA490.jpeg5FFF67A5-A4FE-4D06-9BAB-4E65F211F769.jpg236823A2-2B50-43FE-BE38-AF7B5D4B23FA.jpg

Wowza! Your little bit of everything turned out gorgeous. I love it.

Back