Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

More prehnite, this time with rose quartz and carved conch shell. My husband designed this -- I told him I wanted to do something with the rose quartz.
rose_quartz_prehnite_conch.jpg

That pink shell flower is special :)
Great job by you both...great to see some teamwork behind the scenes.

All my necklaces are collaborations: my husband glues the knots for me, since his hand is steadier than mine. He glued the bail to the carved conch, too. He's very versatile and useful!

It's beautiful Linda. It's great that you can enyoy your jewelry making together. Not-husband is sadly not to much help with my pearls...but good for fixing cars and building stuff. I cannot get greedy

Linda, your husband is multi-talented! I really like his choices in that carved conch shell layout. I love conch shell pieces, too!:)

Such a lovely new necklace Linda! Very delicate and feminine, looks like it is out of a fairytale, I love it!

I love the desert rose jasper, too! I agree with pattye that it is a lovely stone to handle/worry for destressing, and on the appeal of using local stones. The coloring on these is so warm and inviting.

These are akoyas, from druzy design, in the second attempt. The first time, the string was a little too short. Since I wanted it longer, I re-did it. That meant cutting all the knots, and the power pro was not easy to cut cleanly! I like the result, though:
akoya_bubble_necklace.jpg

It looks really nice Linda! Congratulations :D
The hard work paid off!

Nice, Linda! I have a similar strand of Akoya from Druzy as well.

Thank you all! It is 26" long, so a little too short to double. If I see some more I would like to lengthen it.

Your Akoya strand is scrumptious, Linda. Just a beautiful mix, and so “lightful,” if that’s a word. I keep going back to look at it!

I call it the akoya bubble strand -- it seems like bubbles to me, light and lovely. This next one went very quickly (large beads, heavy thread): rainbow tiger eye.
rainbow_tigereye.jpg

Very nice Linda!
Looks dainty and with enough the dash of green to liven the day :D

I love your "bubble" strand, Linda. The various sizes and colors make it so interesting. And the other two necklaces are lovely, too. You have a knack for combining different gems and pearls!

Back