Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

I'd love to see those sapphires too, Linda! And maybe a peek at that reaming tool to smooth rough bead drill holes. I bought one that ... doesn't work at all. And I have 2 strands of Tahitians intermingled with tiny brown diamond beads that have been restrung about 4 times now, and is still ... broken :(

I'd love to see those sapphires too, Linda! And maybe a peek at that reaming tool to smooth rough bead drill holes. I bought one that ... doesn't work at all. And I have 2 strands of Tahitians intermingled with tiny brown diamond beads that have been restrung about 4 times now, and is still ... broken :(
Sadly a diamond dust covered reamer is not very effective on solid diamond beads. I gave up and just wire wrap them now...

Here are the beads, with the bit that I've done. The reamer is diamond dust covered, and I doubt its effectiveness
sapphire_beads.jpg
with diamond beads.

Thanks Linda and Marianne, I doubt the effectiveness of my diamond crusted bead reamer too ... in fact, it's useless on most anything. If the diamond beads didn't look SO good with the white baroque Tahitians with silver and gold highlights ... I searched for 2 years for those beads ... bought from a gem friend who later passed away during Covid ... and these 2 strands were already on wire, which also broke! Strung each time by professionals; not their skill, it's those diamond beads grrrrr ...

Not my expertise but would not a diamond drill bit in a drill (handheld or otherwise) not be a better plan? What you need is what drilled them in the first place. What drills a diamond?
I never use reamers.

Back