Gemandpearlover's Lowly Beading Adventures

Gemandpearlover, I enjoyed catching up on your projects! Those white gum drops are so fun, and I love all your double strand creations.

Thank you Incik, Charlotta and Jeg. :)

Today I have a new metallic all nacre FW strand to show you. The pearls are 9 to 10.5 mm. This is probably going to be one of my favorite strands. These are from Wen and I picked most of the pearls from the earring pairs that she sells. These pearls have almost perfect surfaces and I am very happy with the quality.

IMG_5102.jpg
IMG_5099.jpg
IMG_5095.jpg

Last of today's beading- a vintage akoya strand strung with tiny pearls in between. It's very hard to describe the color of the baroque pearls. A silver, bluish, greenish, pinkish strand depending on the light. I haven't tried to polish the clasp because I fear that I will damage that little tiny pearl.

IMG_5145.jpg

Those strands are gorgeous. Apparantly you do get nice strands if you use pairs or loose pearls, I have to try that some time.

Wow, that metallic strand is spectacular! It never occurred to me to create a necklace from matched pairs - food for thought! I'm looking forward to seeing a "neck shot" of this one. :) I'm dying to do some beading; I placed my first order with Wen over 3 weeks ago before everything really went haywire, and it's been stuck "preparing for shipment" every since. :-( So I'm living vicariously through the forum at the moment!

A most lovely metallic necklace Gemanandpearlover!!!! Very pretty akoyas as well, can I ask what are the little pearls in between? How big are they, are they by chance from Wen too? I have been looking for something like them for a project...Thank you!

Thank you Charlotta, Incik and Eolian. :)

A most lovely metallic necklace Gemanandpearlover!!!! Very pretty akoyas as well, can I ask what are the little pearls in between? How big are they, are they by chance from Wen too? I have been looking for something like them for a project...Thank you!

Those are from Wen. Tiny FW 3.5-4mm grey button pearls.

il_794xN.1977899762_oeli.jpg

Large lovely bead nucleated pearls today from Etsy seller Northwest Designs. I had been on the fence about purchasing from her because her prices seemed a little too good to be true, but I am thrilled with the pearls she sent me. This strand is a baroque strand with pearls from 11-14 mm. I asked her to send me the pearl strand so I could string them myself and peak down the drill holes. I used Beader's Secret pink thread and finished it with a simple sterling clasp. I love how these pearls change color depending on the light.

Outdoor light:
IMG_5210.jpg

Low indoor light:
IMG_5192.jpg

Dull pearls. I had this strand of not quite pink, not quite peach pearls that was so lackluster in color. I added 4mm pink button pearls to it and now I think it looks quite nice when layered with other pearls. More delicate in color now than drab.

IMG_5235.jpg

I am wearing it with a new 10-12 mm multi-color FW necklace that I also got from NorthWest Designs.
IMG_5231.jpg

Wow, you really have an eye to find the best deals there are Gemandpearlover!!! Lovely pearls as always!

That vintage akoya strand!!! Looks great with the little grey freshies.
I have also avoided northwest pearls as the price seems too low, but those are really lovely. Nice handiwork on the stringing.

Thank you eolian and Sydk! :)

Forgive my subpar Iphone pics. Today I have natural color white/grey pearls and white ripple pearls to show you. The round strand looks white when worn but has some cute pearls with that dripping candle wax nacre that I see in saltwater pearls. Even has a bonus striped pearl that looks white unless you look at it very closely. Round pearls are 8.5 to 9mm and ripple pearls are 11-13mm.

IMG_5359.jpg

Striped pearl:
IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

Sun peaking out through the window and touching the pearls.
IMG_5425.jpg

Layered together

IMG_5444.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you BWeaves and Charlotta! :)

Here are two more FW lavender necklaces. The potato pearls are strung with white keshi pearls. I like the cool tones of aquamarine in the pearls on this strand.

IMG_5547.jpg

The purple strand is an exceptional colour, and the mix of organic shapes in the strand with aquamarine overtones is very pleasing.

Your strands are so beautifully done. They are really cheering me up. I’m grateful for time to look at your wonderful photos.

Thank you so much Pattye, Sydk, BWeaves and Multichrome. :) It really makes me feel so good that all of you are so nice to take the time to post such nice things and share in my excitement of pearls. You guys are the best!

Recently I bought 4 strands of small 6- 8mm baroque bead nucleated pearls from Wen. I am going to be honest- I was mostly curious. I thought I could make a light, pastel three strand necklace for summer if the pearls were nice enough. They were super cheap- about $8 a strand. I think they are cute. I ended up making a double strand and a single strand to wear together. One pearl had a small hole in it so I smashed it to see how thick the nacre was. It is actually pretty thick for such a small pearl.

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

Back