Gemandpearlover's Lowly Beading Adventures

Thank you Charlotta, Multichrome and Pattye. :)

So today hubby helped me clean the house so I have some spare time before company comes later. I decided to take Charlotta's suggestion and create an ombre rope with natural color pink and dyed FW pearls. These were alternating pink/grey before the re-string.

Did you guys know that if you take some forsythia twigs and put them in water they will bloom for over a week? The ones pictured are cuttings I took from some of our forsythia bushes. This is my third batch.

Earings1

Kinda ombre:
Earings2

Neck shot:
Earings4

Thank you Charlotta. I really liked your idea and glad I took it. :)

Lastly is my 12.5 to 13mm all nacre FW peach klonk. I used pink colored Beader's Secret and finished it with a SS/garnet clasp. The pink colored thread is a gorgeous dusty rose color that does not look artificial. I was torn between using shell color or pink but the pink is so pretty it won out.

IMG_4588.jpg

Terrible lighting but you can see the size of the pearls in this pic.

IMG_4597.jpg

Last edited:
Those peach pearls are really pretty. And they look great with your ombre strand. I cannot wear peach color, it looks dreadful with my blue-white (sometimes even greenish) complexion. Unless I combine it with other colors. I didn't know that about the forsythia tvigs. Are they poisonous to animal? I will try that if they are safe for my cats. Smallest kitten nibbles on everything.

Peach colors don't show up well on my skin unless I have a tan. I like them because they are pretty, are more subtle and work well on days I want to wear pearls but don't want too much attention regarding them. Golden SS pearls also blend in with skin my during this time of year. I stopped wearing my stand out strands to work because people always want to touch them. It has made me seriously reconsider my policy that the first fondle is free. :)

Funny, noone ever touches my strands. Maybe I am to scary, haha. Might also be because most people in sweden don't go touching people they don't know very well. It's not done. Peachy colors might look better if I ever got a tan, but I don't. I get itchy marks for weeks if I stay in the sun, so I don't.

Charlotta- Most of the people who are touchy feely are my co-workers. I appreciate about 3 to 4 feet distance when talking with people but they are a hugging, touching group. Sometimes I find myself slowly backing up until my back is against a wall. Lol

So today's necklace is a strand of baroque, bead nucleated pearls 9-10mm strung with Beader's secret pink thread. This strand has made me appreciate bead nucleated FW pearls more. Looking down the drill holes the nacre appears thick and there strand has just a few small blemishes. I like them so much I ordered 2 more strands to make a double strand.

IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4740.jpg
IMG_4770.jpg

OMG Gemandpearlover those bead nucleated ones are so lovely! Where did you acquire them, by chance? :)

OMG Gemandpearlover those bead nucleated ones are so lovely! Where did you acquire them, by chance? :)

I sent you a PM. I am waiting for the next two strands to arrive before I recommend and name the vendor. They should be here in a couple of days. :)

Thank you Charlotta and Pattye! :)

Finally! I found what to do with the two 10-11mm white all nacre FW pearl strands that have been hanging out in my drawer for about a year now. For two strands I added lavender pearls and for one strand I added lavender, pink, and natural grey pearls. Wearing 2 of them today as I watch my Godson and help him catch up on his schoolwork.

IMG_4875.jpg
IMG_4877.jpg
IMG_4870.jpg

Thank you Charlotta, SydK and JillM. :)

I ran out of thread for these pearls and had to use bead bumpers on the last few pearls by the clasp. I will need to restring them. These are 10.5 to 11mm rice pearls- all very plump. I bought these from Etsy seller KishoreMotiwala. He sells a variety of pearls and I had a good experience buying a peach klonk strand so decided to purchase this strand. They are very nice. No visible flaws and each drill hole is drilled perfectly. This white strand I love because of the shape of the pearls and luster.

rice pearl.jpg

Back