Gemandpearlover's Lowly Beading Adventures

The flowerbed example is a good one Charlotta. Sometimes I think a well matched strand is a strand in which the pearls look in harmony with each other, instead of being close in color or grouped in specific color patterns.

Some recent all nacre off round lavender strands I strung. The darker lavender strand was strung on violet Beader's secret while the lighter one with lilac. The larger strand has 10.5 to 11.5mm pearls. They bigger strand is actually a light violet/mauve which kind of shows in the picture of it on my neck. The smaller strand 9.5 to 10.5. I will restring these using white gold beads when the beads arrive. But I was too impatient to wait.

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

These should be arriving today and I do not know if I will love them or not. They are 10-11mm and I bought them from an Etsy seller because they appear have a nice metallic look to them and they are all nacre. They might be more blemished then I prefer. I took a chance so we will see.

il_794xN.1364390246_baw8.jpg

My Wendy (Pearlescence) lavender pearl strand just arrived! :) I was not expecting this strand until next week. I love it! Look at the super cute silver/amethyst clasp. I am going to admit I have a bit of OCD and hoarder gene in me. Being a neat freak I have found that my hoarding works best if it can be fit into one dresser drawer. And my latest obsession is lavender pearls. :) I don't know if my thread is veering from the spirit of the lowly beader's club and if so I apologize, but I feel most at home here.

IMG_3832.jpg

Group shot of my lavender pearls so far.

IMG_3833.jpg

So my metallic lavender strand arrived. I really liked it but there was one dull pearl that needed to be removed and replaced and it was strung on what looked like thin, white cotton thread. I restrung it using Beader's secret lilac. You can see the lilac color of the knots pretty easily in this picture. It really is a lovely color.

IMG_3850 (1).jpg

Thanks Charlotta. I think this picture is a bit more accurate for the color of the larger strand. There is nothing like outdoor lighting. I am glad I love my freshwaters again. Funny how different seasons bring out different preferences.

Last picture is why I put myself on a pearl ban. I ran a steamy shower and put all my pearls in the bathroom to get some moisture. Came back in, looked at them all and thought "Hmmm........you should probably stop buying pearls now." Terrible lighting for pearls but you can see I probably went a bit overboard. Unless there is a really outstanding strand that I find unique I probably won't have much more to post on this thread. Or maybe if I re-purpose the pearls into new beautiful creations like you do so well.

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

Haha, you do have some pearls. You could experiment with them. You could try to make an ombre.

Well I lied. I bought more pearls. A klonkish strand and another lavender strand. I loved, loved, loved the clasp that came with the lavender strand I bought from Wendy. It is sterling silver with an amethyst. So I bought some similar style claps from a US seller to restring my new lovelies when they arrive.

Here is Wendy's
IMG_3962.jpg

New clasps

7237__32092.1523469578.jpg

7235_B__22324.1523467680.jpg

My clasps came in. They sent me the wrong amethyst clasp but I actually like it better. The clasps are very substantial and heavy. I used the garnet clasp with a strand of lavender pearls that are more rose tone. I don't know what I am going to do with the amethyst clasp yet.

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

Thank you for your kind words Pattye. I love reading your posts and comments on this forum. You are always so encouraging and your love of pearls is so evident.

I think changing out clasps on pearls makes them look so much nicer! And you get the bonus of wearing a fancy clasp in front like a pendant.

The lavender pearls are gorgeous, but I absolutely love all the new clasps. I feel like a pretty clasp really elevates a pearl necklace to the next level.

The lavender pearls are gorgeous, but I absolutely love all the new clasps. I feel like a pretty clasp really elevates a pearl necklace to the next level.

Love all your creations, Gemandpearlover.

Love your new clasps too and totally agree with BWeaves about clasps.

I'm always at a loss to where to find fun clasps like these! If anyone could PM and point me in a direction, that would be most excellent :)

Jesskat I bought my clasps at New Mexico and Bead Fetish. They have a website and are at Tuscon now. Here is a picture of the amethyst clasp with 10mm pearls. Be aware they sent me a different clasp than ordered but I didn't contact them about it because I liked the clasp.

IMG_4174.jpg

Just an FYI- the claps I posted are listed as "India Silver". I am not sure I would recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. I have a ring that was created for me when a relative was visiting India. It is marked sterling silver but the metal does not resemble any sterling silver I have owned. The metal lost it's shine and no products marketed for sterling silver that I have tried have improved it's appearance. I call it my mystery metal ring.

Back