Antique seed pearl necklace restoration

massrog

Hello, I hope that this is the right place to ask about this. I bought this with my wife with the idea of restoring it but it's been years and we haven't found where to send it. I'm hoping someone here can recommend somebody with the patience (and eyes) for the job. My wife loves it but can't even try it on as is. Apologies for the terrible picture but I couldn't get it to shoot without the flash.

georgian pearls

Looks Victorian. I have no idea who could restore it.

That is beautiful.

The one name that comes to my mind is Jane Theis, in Philadelphia. I think she has restored similar pieces. If she doesn`t do it, she knows everyone in Philadelphia`s Jeweller`s Row and will probably know who can help you.

Look her up on Facebook and send her my greetings :)

Well Jane couldn't be of assistance as she doesn't have proper workspace at the moment and her contacts couldn't either. If anyone can think of any other leads I'd appreciate it!

I googled your info and came up with a name of a Marina Feldman in CA. marina@marinaj.com
If you email her a picture and note perhaps she can help you.
I would suggest trying to get a better picture. You are able to turn off your flash on your camera on the settings if it's a phone camera.

If not, I know there is a jeweler's building ( at least there used to be when I lived there) downtown Boston. Someone there may be able to steer you in the right direction

A very clever member here made a antique reproduction seed pearl piece from scratch.

I don’t know if she is still active but you could try contacting her to see if she would be interested in your repair of your necklace.

Another thought is the Bead and Button magazine, they hold a large bead show every year and hold competitions in Seed Beading.
Perhaps show them a picture, hopefully they could put you on the right track.

Back