Carved (or not carved) pearls display

ericw

I have created this display concept to show my pearls. That looks like a contemporary sculpture. What do you think of that?

bouquet carved pearls.jpg

That is a fabulous sculpture-looking display. Eye-catching and a great way to show off your work. I would not be surprised if someone wants the entire piece.

Thanks a lot Red, BWeaves and Ladonna Rama! Simple things are often the nicest... I have thought you would be interested, because it's easy to built. I have made it with 0.8mm diam. piano wire (polished) pieces pegged on a well designed support.
I have used of coated medium wood MDF, but I have squares of marble, granit, slate and lava which would also be fine to this use... I just wait to find the right tool to make so thin drillings in these hard stones, a very difficult work without good mode.
Even natural shape pearls can be well shown on this kind of display, you can find easely unexpensives metallic queeze beads or small beads to stick, to stop pearls on tops of the rods.

eric, you should get your place in a museum in Paris. Which wire did you use?

I don't well understand your question, JerseyPearl, sorry... It's not a multistrand wire, and it is bought like photo back. It's very very difficult to make it straight by oneself, and also to find it straight, as rods, for sale. Each country have its particular seller for straight kind.
If you want to see more details, look at my Fb page, photo of my display is larger.
Nice idea, a pearls weave!:)

I-Grande-9385-corde-a-piano-rouleaux-10m.net.jpg

Last edited:
Love the sculpture display, ericw! It reminds me of the tidal waves washing over the pearls ... very lovely.

Every time I look at your wonderful display, Eric, the folk song 'Blowin in the Wind' starts playing in my head.

Piano wire is wire that forms the piano strings. According to Wikipedia, "it is made from tempered high-carbon steel, also known as spring steel, which replaced iron as the material starting in 1834.

"Piano wire has a very high tensile strength to cope with the heavy demands placed upon piano strings; accordingly, piano wire is also used for a number of other purposes, including springs, surgical uses, and in special effects."

Or, in this case, for a pearl display.

Thank you CathyKeshi and Marianne, to appreciate creativity, and Red to share your own research.
My first idea was to show my pearls in art galleries, but they are too small to fill a room by themself. So, I must wait that gallery owners decide to add me to a group exhibition. It can take a long time, so I have made this display to motivate them a little more...

Back