Getting pearls drilled?

battah

I talked about this in my Intergem summary, but long story short, I bought some undrilled pearls that now need to get them drilled. How would I go about doing that? Or can I convince one of you drill owners to let me pay you to do them for me? Help!

Battah lol I am in similar conundrum - I've bought some expensive pearls before that all arrived with horribly crooked drill holes. And a few people have recommended getting a drill machine as an investment which I do not disagree. My problem is that my NYC apt is the size of a shoebox, and drilling requires proper work space as it creates dust. I've even though about if I could make it work by drilling in my bath tub so I can easily hose down the dust afterwards lol.

It would be great to know fellow PSers who are willing to help the rest of us drill pearls (for a fee of course)!!!

Thanks, MSC! I'll message you.

Purr, right?! Our townhouse is pretty small, plus my daughter has asthma issues, so I've been really leery of trying drilling with all the dust. I guess I could do it outside... I'm thinking more and more that it would be nice to be able to drill pearls, especially with some of the projects I'm planning that would require slightly larger drill holes.

Help!
I'm in the same position. I bought a baroque pearl, rainbow (mainly black,/blue/green) with great lustre, but the shape is really difficult to set. I need it drilled. How do I find someone. Or could one of you help (for a price?). Drilled through would be best, but half drilled is also good.
I don't know how to post a photo I'm afraid.

Helen,
To post a photo from a smartphone, you need to use the desk version of Pearl-Guide, not the mobile version.
To post a photo from a desktop computer, click on the little square icon of a photo of a tree --it's the 3rd one to the right of the smiley. Choose your photo from your computer and then click "upload".

When I needed a pearl drilled I took it to a local designer who makes her own jewelry.

Back