No Hassle to Make a Tassel

Oh, Pattye, that is so exciting! I cannot wait to see what you'll make!

I made another tassel, this time I wirewrapped the pearls onto the loops with hatpins. Nothing to attach it to inside. It is less stiff than one could think. The pearls are tiny 3-4mm lavender rose freshwaters that I bought from Pearllunar on ebay. It's an enhancer so I can use it on both pearls and chains.
_20190105_175031.jpg

I agree Katbran, Pearllunar have some really glowing pearls, they aren't always round but the color and luster are there.

I love it. The strands probably won't tangle this way.

I have made some more tassels since the pink one. That one didn't last long, to stiff, a tassel should move in my opinion. I have also given my tassels name, thank you Bweaves. My first one you have all seen is Alexandra. I made her with a strand of vintage akoyas, very good vintage akoyas accually. With some baroque blue south sea studs from Pearlescence.
_20200516_140353.jpg
Then suddenly recently it occured to me that I could make a golden one, using my vintage triple golden akoya strand. The pearls left of that triple strand I made a waverope with, that I use with the tassel. Her name is Victoria. With my rainbow strand from Pearlescence.
_20200619_181420.JPG
With my 8mm deep golden south sea studs from Oceanscove.
_20200711_202025.jpg
Then I wanted to make a tahitian one, and jeg kindly suggested keshis. So this week I did just that. I love this tassel. Her name is Isabella, the keshis are from Druzydesign and the drop tahitian pearls from Cees. The keshi pearls in the earrings are also from Druzydesign and the huggies from Pearlescence.
_20200719_151520.jpg
I also made a vintage akoya and drop tahitian tassel some weeks ago. I didn't like the tasselcap I used so I ordered a gold one for it. The gold didn't go well with the tahitians so I changed the endpearls to vintage akoyas, from the same strand. Her name is Mary. Slightly more golden than Alexandra and less golden than Victoria.
_20200719_151252.jpg
All four of them.
_20200719_150831.jpg
Kasumi from australian eBay seller
It takes one strand to make a tassel, if the pearls are smallish that is. I used every pearl of those vintage strands, the end pearls don't have the same size, but I like that
Like a pearl rescue project.

Very beautiful tassels/strands Charlotta!
I just received my new necklace and I believe it fits the tassel description, although mine has only three dangling chains! I just wanted an every day necklace that was a little bit longer than your usual 18” necklace and that I could wear in different lengths. I had this piece adjusted to be 24”in with closures at 18” & 20” in 18kYG and it came out perfect and you can‘t really see the closures from the front. I love wearing multiple chains and this does the trick plus has my three favorite pearls, a T’, a WSS, and a GSS!33BA869A-C634-495C-8B01-4146D5BBF1E9.jpg5474CB45-A4C1-4348-9FAF-6471C5F8121E.jpg5474CB45-A4C1-4348-9FAF-6471C5F8121E.jpg

Charlotta, your tassels are really wonderful! I love seeing them all together. I wouldn't want to choose a favorite :)

Lilpearl, your new chain/tassel necklace is a masterpiece! Certainly a tassel of a very elegant sort!!! Well done on the adjustable lengths too; I wish more jewelry was available with convertible options. Brilliant.

Thank you Lilpearl, Lady_Disdain, Bweaves and CathyKeshi. That’s a lovely necklace Lilpearl and it's great that you can adjust the lenght. CathyKeshi, I have to admit that I am partial to the tahitian tassel...all those colors...

Back