No Hassle to Make a Tassel

I just posted pics of my black spinel kumihimo necklace (probably in the wrong place, they're in my post about the clasp) - they're so sparkly and they make me want to make black spinel everything! I'll probably wait til the next gem show here, though, I got them dirt cheap and haven't been able to find comparable prices online.

tahitian01.jpg
tahitian02.jpg

Here is a better shot of the finished necklace and tassel. I wanted the tassel to be nice and long!

Love love love that! It's gorgeous!

OMG I need to do some shopping now...

Thank you JerseyPearl, I thought that it would look nicer to finish the end of the tassels like this and with gimp, Also no wire outside of the last pearl. I used the technique that you said you used on your tassels, like in the Youtube video, except for the gimp and the wrapped pearl. Also added gimp between every strand over the loops, there is like a crossbar under the conecage, for extra strenght. It was superfun to do, but took some hours, Also my kitten stole the project halffinished and ran away with it. But she didn't damage it, nor herself. Luckily I used softflexwire and no needle...

ckrickett, please share the link with us once you are open for business. I love the black spinel tassel. I had plans for one but I forgot I only had a half strand, which would not work. They look great with the Tahitians.

Here is my latest. Apatite and pearl.

View attachment 42184

View attachment 42185

I also made a matching pendant for the first pair of earrings, to be strung on a long strand of matching garnets.. The plan was for a pair of shoulder duster earrings but I ran out of tiny pearls.
Hmmm, notice a trend? I think I have an excuse to go shopping. By the way, does anyone know of nice and tiny little drop pearls?

View attachment 42186

I hope you consider this flattery, Lady D!
IMG_9693.jpg

Thank you, Pattye and Charlotta! Yes, the larger pearls are some low quality Tahitian's I purchased about 15 years ago and forgot about. They ended up being perfect for experimenting with :)

First time I’m seen this thread and this is such a clever idea! I love tassels, I own one from the brand lagos that’s made of sterling silver and pearls. I bought it a few years back when they first lounged that style. Tassels are a great way to dressed up your outfit, I find myself grabbing for mine every time I’m in a rush and don’t have time to think what matches my outfit.
You’re all so very talented and inspiring...who knows, I may watch the video and find the courage to play....

I am pretty happy with my discovery that cast sea urchin make the cutest tassel caps! Shown with my fancy shiny seafoam Japanese sterling thread.

Urchin3.jpg

Urchin1.jpg

Back