No Hassle to Make a Tassel

Lady_Disdain

You know you want to. How can you resist? So get your pearls, gemstones and end caps ready for some Roaring 20's (or grandma's parlour) fun.

Some inspiration threads:

And resources

Bonus challenge - the air balloon. Get your New Mexico vibe on and start wrapping.

Of course, no challenge would be complete without some inspiration

tassel1.jpg
tassel4.jpg
tassel3.jpg
tassel5.jpg
tassel6.jpg

Thanks for posting all the inspirations...really gorgeous pieces! I love that second strand...I've been thinking about a wire wrapped tassel strand for a while...now all I need is time...and supplies!

ETA: that youtube video is basically the method I used to make these:IMG_2917.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thanks for collating the info lady D! So much pretty to look at...

Here is my tassel creation 13164466_10208302051164580_7372524452682063694_n.jpg
I love making them! I am opening an etsy shop soon and wanted to have a few special tassel pieces as apart of it

What a wonderful thread!!! Everyone's tassels look fantastic, and many thanks to Lady_Disdain for collating together a wealth of resources and examples.

ckrickett, please share the link with us once you are open for business. I love the black spinel tassel. I had plans for one but I forgot I only had a half strand, which would not work. They look great with the Tahitians.

Here is my latest. Apatite and pearl.

P1050864.jpg

P1050855.jpg

I also made a matching pendant for the first pair of earrings, to be strung on a long strand of matching garnets.. The plan was for a pair of shoulder duster earrings but I ran out of tiny pearls.
Hmmm, notice a trend? I think I have an excuse to go shopping. By the way, does anyone know of nice and tiny little drop pearls?

P1050877.jpg

Love this thread, and love everyone's tassels! I think I will be checking in with this thread often.
A beautiful picture of you Beatrice.
Cricket you have a great strand of colorful Tahitians :)

Love this thread, and love everyone's tassels! I think I will be checking in with this thread often.
A beautiful picture of you Beatrice.
Cricket you have a great strand of colorful Tahitians :)

I agree with all. The apatite tassels are dreamy.

Oh my goodness! I've been away from PG for a long time, this is the perfect thread to come back to! Thanks for posting, I'll have to try to make a few of these!

ckrickett, please share the link with us once you are open for business. I love the black spinel tassel. I had plans for one but I forgot I only had a half strand, which would not work. They look great with the Tahitians.

Here is my latest. Apatite and pearl.

View attachment 42184

View attachment 42185

I also made a matching pendant for the first pair of earrings, to be strung on a long strand of matching garnets.. The plan was for a pair of shoulder duster earrings but I ran out of tiny pearls.
Hmmm, notice a trend? I think I have an excuse to go shopping. By the way, does anyone know of nice and tiny little drop pearls?

View attachment 42186

Lady_Disdain, can you talk to us about how you made the little pearl bead caps? Did you use a drill or a reamer? They're fabulous!

I made one - thank you for the inspiration and instructions, LD! I need to make a black spinel one to match the necklace I posted it.

20160531_165524-600x800.jpg

Back