What to do with my pearl lots?

D

dor12345

Hi,
I know it sounds stupid....but I recently visited the Cook Islands and had purchased a pearl farm lot from a reputable farm. However after returning from my trip, I did not know what to do with my loose pearls.

The lot contains black Cook Island pearls of various sizes and shapes. Initially was thinking of selling the pearls to my friends, but non of my friends know what to do with the loose pearls although they were very tempted by the beautiful colours and overtones of the pearls.

I hope anyone who sees this post could tell me where and who i can approach with my loose undrill pearls so i can sell them off and get my money back :p .I do not own a retail shop nor do i have any jewellery design backgrounds. So I just intend to sell off my loose pearls. Just wondering, who does the pearl farmers usually sell their farm lots too? Maybe those are the ppl I should approach.

Thanks so much...

Well, they usually sell them via auctions or to a co-op that auctions them off. Other farms sell to larger buyers before harvest (price per oyster). Selling your pearls wholesale will probably be best accomplished pearl-per-pearl to smaller dealers.
How large is the lot? What is it comprised of (size shape and quality). If you are comfortable sending me a detailed list via PM, I will give you my honest opinion on the value of the lot.

Also, you mentioned you purchased the lot from a 'reputable' Cook Island farm. Can you extrapalate on this a bit?

Back